Bendamustine is used in the treatment of blood cancer, non-hodgkin's lymphoma and multiple myeloma.
How it works
Bendamustine works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects
Fatigue, Nausea, Vomiting, Mucosal inflammation, Infection, Fever, Reduced blood platelets, Decreased white blood cell count
- ₹6950Natco Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7102Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6416Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹5952Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6582Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6303Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹7683Pfizer Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6571Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- Monitoring of the blood cell count and potassium level is required before the start and regularly during the therapy.
- Consult your doctor if you have any signs of infection, fever, lung symptoms, skin reactions, pain in abdomen, blood in urine, reduced volume of urine.
- Inform your doctor if you have heart disease (heart attack, chest pain, severely disturbed heart rhythms).
- Men should adopt appropriate contraceptive measure during and up to 6 months after treatment and may require sperm conservation prior to treatment because of possibility of irreversible infertility.
- Bendamustine may cause sleepiness and dizziness or lack of coordination; it is advisable to avoid driving or operating heavy machinery under such circumstances.
- Bendamustine is not recommended for children and adolescents.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is bendamustine a chemotherapy drug?
Yes, Bendamustine is a chemotherapy drug
Q. Is bendamustine safe?
Bendamustine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. How does bendamustine work?
Bendamustine works by destroying the DNA, thus killing the existing cancer cells and also preventing the growth and spread of new cancer cells
Q. Is bendamustine a mustard gas?
Bendamustine belongs to a group of chemotherapeutic drugs called nitrogen mustard, and is not a mustard gas.
Q. Is bendamustine a vesicant?
Bendamustine has vesicant properties and can seriously damage skin and underlying fat if leaks during administratio
Q. Is bendamustine FDA approved?
Yes, bendamustine is approved by FDA
Q. Does bendamustine cause hair loss/constipation?
Yes, hair loss and constipation are the common side effects of bendamustine
Q. Does bendamustine cross blood brain barrier?
Yes, bendamustine crosses the blood brain barrier, and may be used to treat cancers spread to the brain