food interaction for IMIJET
alcohol interaction for IMIJET
pregnancy interaction for IMIJET
lactation interaction for IMIJET
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for IMIJET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for IMIJETNo substitutes found
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for IMIJET
- To relieve migraine as soon as possible, take Sumatriptan as soon as the headache begins.
- Lying down in a quiet and dark room for a while after you use Sumatriptan may help to relieve the migraine.
- Take Sumatriptan only as prescribed by the doctor. Using too much Sumatriptan may increase the chances of side effects.
- Notify your doctor if your migraine headaches are occurring more often, than before you started using Sumatriptan.
- Notify your doctor if you have used Sumatriptan for at least three consecutive months.
- Avoid driving after taking <med_name > as it may cause drowsiness and dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Sumatriptan, it can cause new and worse headaches.
Frequently asked questions for IMIJET
Q.Is sumatriptan safe/addictive/controlled substance?
Sumatriptan is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. It is not addictive. It is not a controlled substance
Q.Is sumatriptan a blood thinner or beta blocker or anti-inflammatory/ NSAIDs?
No, sumatriptan is not a blood thinner or beta blocker or anti-inflammatory/NSAIDs
Q.Is sumatriptan useful for routine headache or sinus headache / tension headache/ hangover?
No, sumatriptan is not useful for routine headache or sinus headache or tension headache or hangover. It is used in the treatment of acute migraine attacks
Q.Is sumatriptan available over the counter?
No, sumatriptan is not available without a prescription
Q.Can I take sumatriptan with acetaminophen (paracetamol), aspirin, diclofenac, or penicillin?
Yes, you can take sumatriptan with acetaminophen (paracetamol), aspirin, diclofenac, or penicillin. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q.Can I take Excedrin (acetaminophen, aspirin, and caffeine) with Imitrex (sumatriptan) for migraine?
There is no evidence of any interaction between Excedrin and Imitrex. But please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q.Can I take sumatriptan with Advil (ibuprofen), Nyquil (, dextromethorphan, doxylamine, and pseudoephedrine), Tylenol (paracetamol), Sudafed (pseudoephedrine), or Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone)/ aspirin/ diclofenac/ penicillin?
Yes, you may take sumatriptan with Advil, Nyquil, Tylenol, Sudafed, Vicodin, aspirin, diclofenac, or penicillin. Please consult your doctor before use
Q.Does sumatriptan cause hair loss, weight gain, or joint pain, rebound headache?
Overdose of sumatriptan may cause hair loss, but it is not known to cause weight gain, or joint pain or rebound headache
Q.Does sumatriptan affect blood pressure?
Sumatriptan may cause transient increases in blood pressure especially in patients with uncontrolled high blood pressure. Consult your doctor before use
Q.Does sumatriptan affect birth control?
Sumatriptan is not reported to affect birth control. However, consult your doctor for use.