Medicine Overview of Hyponat-O Tablet
Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet is used in the treatment of syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH).
Headache, Dizziness, Frequent urge to urinate, Nocturia (increased urge to urinate during the night), Dryness in mouth, Fatigue, Polyuria, Diarrhoea, Increased thirst.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet may be taken with or without food, but it is better to take it at a fixed time.
Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet increases the frequency of urine which, in turn, increases the amount of water released from the body. Removing fluid from the body helps to maintain the level of sodium in the blood.
In Depth Information on Hyponat-O Tablet
- Do not eat grapefruit or drink grapefruit juice while taking this medication. If you stop taking tolvaptan for any length of time, do not start taking it again at home. You will need to be in a hospital under observation any time you start or restart treatment with tolvaptan.
- Consult your doctor immediately if you have any of these signs: problems with speech or muscle control, trouble swallowing, trouble moving your arms and legs, mood changes, and seizure (convulsions).
Do not start or continue tolvaptan:
- if you are allergic to tolvaptan, or to any of the other ingredients of this medicine.
- if your kidneys do not work (no urine production).
- if you have a condition which increases the salt in your blood (“hypernatraemia”).
- if you have a condition which is associated with a very low blood volume.
- if you do not realise when you are thirsty.
- if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Talk with your doctor before taking tolvaptan:
- if you cannot drink enough water or if you are fluid restricted.
- if you have difficulties in urination or have an enlarged prostate.
- if you suffer from liver disease.
- if you have diabetes.
Hyponat-O Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet is recommended.
However, the use of Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe kidney disease.
Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Use of Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
If you miss a dose of Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
User Submitted Feedback For Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet
Patients taking Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet What were the side-effects while using Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet?
Nocturia (increased urge to urinate during the night)
How do you take Hyponat-O Tablet? How much was the improvement? Please rate Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet on price What are you using Hyponat-O Tablet for?
Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuretic hormone secretion (SIADH)
Survey Participants: 15
“The following are the results of on-going survey on 1mg.com for Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet. These results only indicate the perceptions of the website users. Please base your medical decisions only on the advice of a doctor or a registered medical professional.”
Frequently asked questions about Hyponat-O Tablet
Q. Is tolvaptan / samsca a diuretic?
Samscais brand name of tolvaptan and it is a diuretic
Yes. Recently it is found that Hyponat-o can slow the development and progression of polycystic kidney disease in animal models.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Hyponat-O 15mg Tablet: NAS, TNH, HPC, PWN, MMS, AAY, MDO, DLP, RHW, ARD, OWP, PPR, ADT, ANT, BMJ, LCC, SWA, RWP, 9T9, THP, NDP, RPP, RHL, DVH, DFP, NNH, QLF, PNT, DPL, BLE, TFP, FGH, BDN, SDM, HSP, SGH, NSL, SWP, RSS, PLT, CLT, AMR, DHR, WHL, HZF, SHP, KMC, RSA, RDH, P2P, USF, JSL, RPI, HMP, PVP, BAP, EVP, BBS, ABP, DYG, HIP, RDR, AYM, ATL, HEX, MSD, SPD, DGN, GBL, OIP, SYN, HGI, GPT, EMB, MPC, SHC, QTM, BTM, VDH, RJH, EPS, AAR, BIO, SRG, GHR, GTK, MAX, IPL, INC, MAK, TRP, VRS, RUS, NVY, SAF, SHD, PRN, NVL, NWP, SBA, HTS, ENP, UMP, ZPR, NTB, AGT, SLN, MAM, BAL, GPP, MLC, VNS, BSN, SGC, ATP, BHP, SVH, IAD, JVN, EQN, JVO, DPP, ESY, SCH, HBV, KHC, HAT, LHA, STA, RKS, BHM, ZVP, WSI, GTC, DAO, OHM, SSA, MDH, AYU, PTI, PMA, TOM, OLT, JIV, HNP, KHH, NXG, SJP, GNC, SBL, CHP, ZEL, SVS, PEN