food interaction for HEPTOS
alcohol interaction for HEPTOS
pregnancy interaction for HEPTOS
lactation interaction for HEPTOS
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for HEPTOS
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for HEPTOS
- RIBAVIN 200MG CAPSULE(4 capsules in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 78.12/capsuleRs. 312.50pay 551% more per capsule
- REBETOL 200MG CAPSULE(12 capsules in strip)Fulford India LtdRs. 97.94/capsuleRs. 1175.23pay 716% more per capsule
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for HEPTOS
- This drug should be used only in combination with pegylated alfa interferon.
- Take precautions as ribavirin may cause low red cell count (anaemia) that can worsen any heart problems you have and can cause you to have a heart attack that can be life-threatening.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as ribavirin may make you drowsy, dizzy, or confused.
- Do consult your doctor if you have liver problems other than HCV (e.g. cirrhosis or have had a liver transplant), HIV infection, kidney problems or depression.
- Take necessary precautions as ribavirin does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through sexual contact, sharing needles, or contact with blood.
- Drink extra fluids to stay hydrated during treatment with ribavirin.
Frequently asked questions for HEPTOS
Q.How does ribavirin work?
Ribavirin belongs to a class of antiviral medications called nucleoside analogues. It decreases the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body by blocking its growth, resulting in less liver damage and improved liver function
Q.What are the severe side effects of ribavirin?
Ribavirin may cause anemia that can worsen any heart problems and can cause a heart attack that can be life-threatening. Call your doctor immediately in case you experience excessive tiredness, pale skin, headache, dizziness, confusion, fast heartbeat, weakness, shortness of breath, or chest pain.