Medicine Overview of Heptavir Tablet
Side effects of Heptavir Tablet
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Abdominal pain, Dizziness, Ear infection, Nasal infection, Throat infection, Sore throat, Skin rash, Muscle pain, Fever, Chills, Diarrhoea.
How to use Heptavir Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Heptavir 150mg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Heptavir Tablet works
Heptavir 150mg tablet prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Heptavir Tablet
Expert advice for Heptavir Tablet
- Consult your doctor if you have diabetes and are using insulin.
- Patients receiving this therapy are always at a risk for infections and hence should report any such cases to the doctor.
- Consult your doctor if you take any prescription medication; Inform your doctor if you take other medicine for treatment of HIV or hepatitis B infection, hairy cell leukemia [a type of blood cancer], or antibiotics for infection.
- Lamivudine may rarely cause a serious side effect like lactic acidosis with symptoms such as pain or weakness of muscle, numbness or feeling cold in arms or legs, stomach pain, nausea, vomiting, lack of breath, aberrant heart rate, dizziness, weak or tired feeling; hence, inform the doctor immediately if you experience any of these symptoms.
- It is possible to pass on HIV when on this medication and hence it is important to take necessary precautions to prevent HIV from spreading.
- Inform you doctor if you notice signs of change in the distribution of fat (lipodystrophy), erosion of bones (osteronecrosis), or inflammation of pancreas (pancreatitis).
- If you are on therapy it is important to use effective non hormonal method of contraception or condom so that a pregnancy can be avoided.
- Use with caution in pediatric patients with a history of pancreatitis or other significant risk factors for pancreatitis.
Special precautions for Heptavir 150mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Heptavir 150mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Heptavir 150mg Tablet is probably safe to use during lactati+more
on. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Heptavir 150mg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Heptavir 150mg Tablet should be used with caution in patient+more
s with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Heptavir 150mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Heptavir 150mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with liver+more
disease. No dose adjustment of Heptavir 150mg Tablet is recommended....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Valgaids 450mg Tablet, Herperax 200mg Tablet, Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Lamivudine, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Heptavir 150mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Lamivudine
Q. Can lamivudine cure hepatitis B?
Lamivudine is used to treat hepatitis B but some patients may be resistant to this dru
Heptavir cannot be crushed but it can be broken into two parts to give it to children. Please go by the recommendation of the doctor
Heptavir may cause anemia as a side effect in some patients. Kindly consult your doctor in case any side effects are observed.
User Submitted Feedback For Heptavir 150mg Tablet
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection
Substitutes for Heptavir Tablet
Lamimat 150mg Tablet
Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Lamivir 150mg Tablet
Lamihope 150mg Tablet
Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Retrolam 150mg Tablet
Alkem Laboratories Ltd
Lavir 150mg Tablet
Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd