food interaction for HEPCINAT
alcohol interaction for HEPCINAT
pregnancy interaction for HEPCINAT
lactation interaction for HEPCINAT
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for HEPCINAT
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for HEPCINAT
- SOVIHEP 400MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Zydus CadilaRs. 710.71/tabletRs. 19900pay 15% more per tablet
- HEPCVIR 400MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 720/tabletRs. 10800pay 17% more per tablet
- VIROCLEAR 400MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 714.29/tabletRs. 20000pay 16% more per tablet
- MY HEP 400MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Mylan Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 683.80/tabletRs. 19146.40pay 11% more per tablet
- RESOF 400MG TABLET(28 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 650.28/tabletRs. 18207.71pay 5% more per tablet
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Kartavya ShahMBBS, DNB
Expert advice for HEPCINAT
- This drug should be used only in combination with Ribavirin or with Pegylated interferon and Ribavirin.
- Treatment with sofosbuvir is not recommended in patients with severe kidney or liver problems or depression.
- Do consult your doctor if you are taking amiodarone (used for serious irregular heartbeats). The risk of slow heartbeat may be increased when taken along with Sofosbuvir.
- Take extreme care to avoid pregnancy in female patients or female partners of male patients who are on treatment with sofosbuvir.
- Take necessary precautions as sofosbuvir does not prevent the spread of infection to other people through sexual contact, sharing needles, or contact with blood.
Frequently asked questions for HEPCINAT
Q.Is Sofosbuvir a protease inhibitor?
No. Sofosbuvir is a nucleotide polymerase inhibitor
Q.How does Sofosbuvir work?
Sofosbuvirstops viral replication and thus decreases the amount of Hepatitis C virus in the body thereby resulting in less liver damage and improved liver function
Q.Does Sofosbuvir cure Hepatitis C?
Sofosbuvir is used to treat Hepatitis C virus infection. The treatment response with Sofosbuvir (in conjunction with other drugs) varies based on baseline host and viral factors.