food interaction for H2LOC
alcohol interaction for H2LOC
pregnancy interaction for H2LOC
lactation interaction for H2LOC
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for H2LOC
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for H2LOC
- PEPTAC 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Morepen Laboratories LtdRs. 1.19/ML of injectionRs. 2.37save 30% more per ML of injection
- RANITAS 40 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.18/ML of injectionRs. 2.36save 31% more per ML of injection
- RANILA 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 1.69/ML of injectionRs. 3.38save 1% more per ML of injection
- PEPDAC 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Seagull Labs (I) Pvt LtdRs. 1.25/ML of injectionRs. 2.50save 26% more per ML of injection
- RANICOOL 40MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Shreya Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 1.18/ML of injectionRs. 2.36save 31% more per ML of injection
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for H2LOC
- The Ranitidine can be taken with or without food.
- Ranitidine is very effective in controlling stomach acid release in the midnight, so it is better to take Ranitidine before going to bed.
- Take Ranitidine for the entire prescribed duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel betterIf you are taking an antacid, take it 2 hours before or after the Ranitidine.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks, citrus products like orange and lemon, which irritate the stomach.
- Quit smoking or at least do not smoke after taking the medicine, as it tends to decrease the effect of Ranitidine by increasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking the Ranitidine, as it increases the blood alcohol level.
- Some laboratory tests may be affected by Ranitidine. Notify your doctor that you are taking this medicine before you have any tests for skin allergies or tests to determine how much acid your stomach produces.
- Patients with kidney disease may need to take a lower dose.
Frequently asked questions for H2LOC
Q.Is ranitidine safe?
Yes. Ranitidine (also available as rantac/ aciloc 150/ aciloc 300/ zantac) is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is ranitidine/rantac an antacid?
No. Ranitidine does not neutralize stomach acids
Q.Is ranitidine a PPI?
No. Ranitidine reduces acid production in the stomach and intestine by blocking H2 receptors and has no known inhibitory effect proton pumps. It is a H2 receptor antagonist, and not a proton pump inhibitor (PPI)
Q.Is ranitidine the same as omeprazole?
No. Ranitidine and omeprazole are two different drugs with similar uses but different mechanism of action. Ranitidine reduces acid production in the stomach and intestine by blocking H2 receptors; whereas, omeprazole blocks proton pumps to curb acid production
Q.Is ranitidine better than omeprazole?
Ranitidine and omeprazole are two different drugs with similar uses but different mechanism of action and so cannot be compared
Q.Is ranitidine over the counter?
No. Ranitidine is not an over the counter (OTC) drug. It belongs to a class of prescription drugs
Q.What is Rantac-D plus?
Rantac-D plus is a trade name for combination of active drugs ranitidine, omeprazole and domperidone. It is used to prevent excess acid production in the stomach and small intestine and to treat vomiting or urge to vomit (nausea) caused due to indigestion, diseases or drugs
Q.Is ranitidine gluten free?
Yes. Ranitidine is a synthetic drug and free from any protein source that can contain gluten. Please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.