Information about Ranitidine
Ranitidine is used in the treatment of gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux) and peptic ulcer disease.
How Ranitidine works
Ranitidine is a histamine H2 receptor blocker that reduces the amount of acid made in the stomach. It relieves acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of Ranitidine
Headache, Diarrhea, Gastrointestinal disturbance
Available Medicine for Ranitidine
AcilocCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹6 to ₹805 variant(s)
ZinetacGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹3 to ₹234 variant(s)
RantacJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹6 to ₹1477 variant(s)
HistacSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹3 to ₹326 variant(s)
₹3 to ₹465 variant(s)
RanitinTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹3 to ₹607 variant(s)
Aciloc OnlyCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
PeptiranAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹38 to ₹612 variant(s)
ZynolMicro Labs Ltd
₹6 to ₹92 variant(s)
PeplocZydus Healthcare Limited
₹3 to ₹113 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ranitidine
- Take Ranitidine before going to bed if you are taking this medicine once a day. It is very effective in controlling stomach acid that is released when you are asleep.
- If you are also taking other medications to treat acidity (e.g., antacid), take them 2 hours before or after taking Ranitidine.
- Avoid taking soft drinks, citrus fruits like orange and lemon, which can irritate the stomach and increase acid secretion.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking Ranitidine for 2 weeks as you may be suffering from some other problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney disease as dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor.