food interaction for GTN (PHC)
alcohol interaction for GTN (PHC)
pregnancy interaction for GTN (PHC)
lactation interaction for GTN (PHC)
medicine interaction for GTN (PHC)
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR GTN (PHC)
How it works
Common side effects
COMMON DOSAGE FOR GTN 2.6 MG TABLET
Patients taking GTN 2.6 MG TABLET
- 66%Twice A Day
- 30%Once A Day
- 4%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES FOR GTN (PHC)
- NITROCONTIN 2.6 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Modi Mundi Pharma Pvt LtdRs. 5.88/tabletRs. 176.50pay 24% more per tablet
- MONIT GTN 2.6 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 4.47/tabletRs. 134save 6% more per tablet
- MYONIT SR 2.6 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Troikaa Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.33/tabletRs. 160pay 12% more per tablet
- NTGN 2.6 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)C M R Life SciencesRs. 3.67/tabletRs. 110save 23% more per tablet
- GLYNIT 2.6 MG TABLET(25 tablets in strip)Mission Research Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 4.80/tabletRs. 120pay 1% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR GTN (PHC)
- Do not take glyceryl trinitrate tablets, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to glyceryl trinitrate.
- Consult your doctor, if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking glyceryl trinitrate.
- This medicine may make you drowsy or dizzy. If affected, do not drive or operate machines.
Frequently asked questions FOR GTN (PHC)
Q. What does glyceryl trinitrate treat/ why is glyceryl trinitrate given/ is glyceryl trinitrate a beta blocker/ a vasodilator/ relieve angina/ does glycerol trinitrate work?
Glyceryl Trinitrate is used in the prevention and treatment of the chest pain associated with angina. It is not a beta blocker. It is a vasodilator. It relaxes most smooth muscle, including that found in the walls of blood vessels in the heart. This reduces strain on the heart by making it easier to pump blood
Q. How glyceryl trinitrate is taken/why is glyceryl trinitrate administered sublingually?
Glycerol nitrate can be taken in a number of ways-sublingual tablets, sprays, ointment, transdermal patches
Q. What is glyceryl trinitrate spray used for/ how does glyceryl trinitrate spray work?
At the onset of an attack or prior to a precipitating event: one or two 400 microgram metered dose should be sprayed under the tongue
Q. Is glyceryl trinitrate harmful/ does glyceryl trinitrate cause stomach irritation?
Glyceryl trinitrate can be used safely at recommended doses and duration. It may cause stomach irritation and headache
Q. Is glyceryl trinitrate explosive?
Yes, glycerol nitrate is used in making explosives and medically as a vasodilator
Q. Does glyceryl trinitrate work like Viagra?
Viagra is used as treatment for anti-erectile dysfunction and glyceryl trinitrate for treatment of chest pain. Both work by dilation of venous and arteries which results in inflow of blood but the mechanisms are entirely different. Do not use nitrates to relieve an angina attack if the patient has recently taken viagra, use other angina treatments instead as the combination of these two can lead to a dangerous drop in blood pressure.