Information about Nitroglycerin
Nitroglycerin is used in the treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain).
How Nitroglycerin works
Nitroglycerin is a nitrate. It works by relaxing the blood vessels which decreases the oxygen demand of the heart and reduces its workload, thereby preventing/treating attacks of angina (chest pain).
Common side effects of Nitroglycerin
Blurred vision, Decreased blood pressure, Dizziness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Increased heart rate, Lightheadedness
Available Medicine for Nitroglycerin
₹107 to ₹2783 variant(s)
₹180 to ₹2292 variant(s)
Monit GTNIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹190 to ₹3473 variant(s)
NitrolongMankind Pharma Ltd
₹166 to ₹2222 variant(s)
MyonitTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹33 to ₹2646 variant(s)
AngiplatMicro Labs Ltd
₹153 to ₹1922 variant(s)
NitrocontinModi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹257 to ₹3332 variant(s)
AngistatSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹141 to ₹1552 variant(s)
VasovinTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹155 to ₹1862 variant(s)
G3NEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹116 to ₹1372 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nitroglycerin
- Nitroglycerin may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Nitroglycerin as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It may cause headaches which usually go away after a few days of continued treatment. Inform your doctor if it persists.
- You may develop tolerance to Nitroglycerin with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing schedule to avoid this.
- Stop taking medications (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) like sildenafil or tadalafil while on treatment with Nitroglycerin as it may cause low blood pressure.