Information about Nitroglycerin
Nitroglycerin is used in the treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain).
How Nitroglycerin works
Nitroglycerin is a nitrate. It works by relaxing the blood vessels which decreases the oxygen demand of the heart and reduces its workload, thereby preventing/treating attacks of angina (chest pain).
Common side effects of Nitroglycerin
Blurred vision, Decreased blood pressure, Dizziness, Headache, Increased heart rate, Lightheadedness, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
Available Medicine for Nitroglycerin
₹107 to ₹3063 variant(s)
₹180 to ₹2292 variant(s)
Monit GTNIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹190 to ₹3803 variant(s)
NitrolongMankind Pharma Ltd
₹183 to ₹2452 variant(s)
MyonitTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹33 to ₹2916 variant(s)
AngiplatMicro Labs Ltd
₹153 to ₹1922 variant(s)
NitrocontinModi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹282 to ₹3662 variant(s)
AngistatSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
VasovinTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹170 to ₹1862 variant(s)
G3NEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹116 to ₹1372 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nitroglycerin
- Nitroglycerin may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Nitroglycerin as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It may cause headaches which usually go away after a few days of continued treatment. Inform your doctor if it persists.
- You may develop tolerance to Nitroglycerin with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing schedule to avoid this.
- Stop taking medications (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) like sildenafil or tadalafil while on treatment with Nitroglycerin as it may cause low blood pressure.