Information about Nitroglycerin
Nitroglycerin is used in the treatment of Angina (heart-related chest pain).
How Nitroglycerin works
Nitroglycerin is a nitrate. It works by relaxing the blood vessels which decreases the oxygen demand of the heart and reduces its workload, thereby preventing/treating attacks of angina (chest pain).
Common side effects of Nitroglycerin
Blurred vision, Decreased blood pressure, Dizziness, Headache, Increased heart rate, Lightheadedness, Paresthesia (tingling or pricking sensation)
Available Medicine for Nitroglycerin
₹107 to ₹3373 variant(s)
₹198 to ₹2512 variant(s)
Monit GTNIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹207 to ₹4143 variant(s)
NitrolongMankind Pharma Ltd
₹183 to ₹2692 variant(s)
MyonitTroikaa Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹33 to ₹3207 variant(s)
AngiplatMicro Labs Ltd
₹162 to ₹2072 variant(s)
NitrocontinModi Mundi Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹310 to ₹4022 variant(s)
AngistatSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹155 to ₹1692 variant(s)
VasovinTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹186 to ₹1872 variant(s)
G3NEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹116 to ₹1372 variant(s)
Expert advice for Nitroglycerin
- Nitroglycerin may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking Nitroglycerin as it may cause increased dizziness.
- It may cause headaches which usually go away after a few days of continued treatment. Inform your doctor if it persists.
- You may develop tolerance to Nitroglycerin with time, meaning that the same dose may be less effective next time. Follow the prescribed dosing schedule to avoid this.
- Stop taking medications (prescribed for erectile dysfunction) like sildenafil or tadalafil while on treatment with Nitroglycerin as it may cause low blood pressure.