food interaction for GLIZID
alcohol interaction for GLIZID
pregnancy interaction for GLIZID
lactation interaction for GLIZID
SALT INFORMATION for GLIZID
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GLIZID 80MG TABLET
Patients taking GLIZID 80MG TABLET
- 56%Twice A Day
- 35%Once A Day
- 8%Thrice A Day
- 1%Thrice A week
SUBSTITUTES for GLIZID
- RECLIDE 80 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 7.07/tabletRs. 106pay 9% more per tablet
- DIAMICRON 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Serdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt LtdRs. 6/tabletRs. 60save 7% more per tablet
- GLYCIGON 80MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 4.10/tabletRs. 41save 37% more per tablet
- GLYCHEK 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Indoco Remedies LtdRs. 5.50/tabletRs. 55save 15% more per tablet
- DIANORM 80 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Micro Labs LtdRs. 5/tabletRs. 50save 23% more per tablet
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Richa ChaturvediMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Raman AbhiMBBS, MD
- Dr. Neelima MishraMBBS, MD
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
Expert advice for GLIZID
- Do not chew the tablet, and swallow the whole tablet with a glass of water or non-alcoholic drink just before a meal.
- Do not take gliclazide, if you have type 1 diabetes mellitus or have impaired consciousness due to severe diabetes, liver or kidney disease, or deficiency of an enzyme called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase.
- Do not take gliclazide if you are pregnant or breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions for GLIZID
Q.Is gliclazide same or, better than metformin?
Gliclazide and metformin belong to different class of drugs and act but separate mechanism. No significant difference between gliclazide and metformin was reported in clinical studies as regards their ability to reduce blood sugar
Q.Is gliclazide the same as glipizide?
No,gliclazide and glipizide belong to a class of drugs known as sulphonylureas
Q.Is gliclazide a statin or, steroid?
No,gliclazide belongs to sulfonylurea category of antidiabetic drug class
Q.What is Glizid M?
Glizid M is a combination product that contains gliclazide and metformin. Both drugs are used to lower blood glucose levels in adult with type 2 diabetes mellitus that is not controlled by diet and exercise alone.