food interaction for GLIMESTAR
alcohol interaction for GLIMESTAR
pregnancy interaction for GLIMESTAR
lactation interaction for GLIMESTAR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GLIMESTAR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for GLIMESTAR 1 MG TABLET
Patients taking GLIMESTAR 1 MG TABLET
- 76%Once A Day
- 22%Twice A Day
- 3%Thrice A Day
SUBSTITUTES for GLIMESTAR
- ZORYL 1 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.50/tabletRs. 52.45pay 49% more per tablet
- GP 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)USV LtdRs. 3.50/tabletRs. 34.97pay 49% more per tablet
- AZULIX 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.50/tabletRs. 34.96pay 49% more per tablet
- GLIMER 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 3.50/tabletRs. 34.96pay 49% more per tablet
- GLYPRIDE 1 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 3.50/tabletRs. 34.96pay 49% more per tablet
- Dr. Atul LuthraMBBS, MD, DNB
- Dr. Beena BansalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Manoj KumarMBBS, MD, Certification
- Dr. Rajesh KumarMBBS, MD, Diploma, CCT
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for GLIMESTAR
- Take glimepiride just before or with the first main meal of the day.
- Do not skip any meal while taking glimepiride.
- Swallow the glimepiride tablet without crushing or chewing with at least half a glass of water.
- Do not take glimepiride if you are allergic to glimepiride, other sulfonylureas, sulfonamides
- Glimepiride tablets should not be given to children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
Frequently asked questions for GLIMESTAR
Q.Is glimepiride a generic drug?
Yes, glimepiride is a generic drug sold under several pharmaceutical brand names (Amaryl, Zoryl, etc.)
Q.Can I take glimepiride with metformin or insulin?
Glimepiride may be given in combination with metformin and/or insulin depending on your medical condition and as prescribed by the doctor
Q.Does glimepiride cause fluctuations in weight,diarrhea, hair loss, erectile dysfunction, swelling, constipation?
Glimepiride is reported to cause low blood sugar level,weight gain, and swelling, but is not reported to cause diarrhea, constipation, hair loss, or erectile dysfunction
Q.Is glimepiride a fast acting sulfa drug?
Glimepiride is a medium- to long-acting sulfonylurea drug against type 2 diabetes mellitus (action lasts for 24 hours). Its maximum effect is seen after 2-3 hours of drug intake
Q.Is glimepiride same as glipizide, glyburide, metformin, or insulin?
They are not same. Glimepiride, glipizide and glyburide belong to the same class of drugs called sulfonylureas. Metformin belong to class called biguanides.Glimepiride causes release of insulin but it is not insulin.It should only be used if no other alternative drug is available. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.