Information about Glimepiride
Glimepiride is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus. It is used along with diet and exercise to improve blood sugar control in adults with type 2 diabetes.
How Glimepiride works
Glimepiride is an antidiabetic medication. It works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower blood glucose.
Common side effects of Glimepiride
Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Headache, Nausea, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Glimepiride
AmarylSanofi India Ltd
₹120 to ₹3984 variant(s)
ZorylIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹60 to ₹1985 variant(s)
GlimyDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹55 to ₹1625 variant(s)
AzulixTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹39 to ₹1784 variant(s)
GlimestarMankind Pharma Ltd
₹26 to ₹634 variant(s)
₹37 to ₹1448 variant(s)
EuglimBayer Zydus Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹36 to ₹1873 variant(s)
₹39 to ₹1126 variant(s)
DiaprideMicro Labs Ltd
₹37 to ₹1875 variant(s)
GlimisaveEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹43 to ₹1914 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glimepiride
- Take it shortly before or with the first main meal of the day (usually breakfast). Avoid skipping meals.
- Exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet and take your other diabetes medicines (if prescribed) alongside.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- Be careful while driving or operating machinery until you know how Glimepiride affects you.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Always carry some sugary food or fruit juice with you in case you experience hypoglycemic symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor and anxiety.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms, such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).