food interaction for GEPAN
alcohol interaction for GEPAN
pregnancy interaction for GEPAN
lactation interaction for GEPAN
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for GEPAN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for GEPAN
- PANTOP 40 MG TABLET(15 tablets in strip)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 7.75/tabletRs. 116.20pay 463% more per tablet
- PANTAKIND 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Mankind Pharma LtdRs. 2.64/tabletRs. 26.40pay 92% more per tablet
- NUPENTA 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 3.13/tabletRs. 31.30pay 128% more per tablet
- PANTIUM 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 8.70/tabletRs. 87pay 533% more per tablet
- P PPI 40 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Blue Cross Laboratories LtdRs. 2.50/tabletRs. 25pay 82% more per tablet
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. P. R. AryanMBBS, Diploma
Expert advice for GEPAN
- Get a blood test done to know the magnesium level in your body once a year; you may need a magnesium supplement while using the Pantoprazole,as a long-term treatment.
- Long-term use of the Pantoprazole can cause weak or broken bones.
- Take Pantoprazole immediately before a meal, preferably in the morning.
- Take Pantoprazole for the entire duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel better.
Frequently asked questions for GEPAN
Q.Is pantoprazole safe?
Pantoprazole is relatively safe if taken in prescribed dose for prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q.What is Pantocid 20/Pantocid 40/Pantosec/ Pantium used for?
Pantocid (20 or 40 mg)/Pantosec/Pantium are various brands of pantoprazole available and used for the same indications as pantoprazole
Q.Can I take pantoprazole with other medications?
It is safe to take other medications with pantoprazole if prescribed by your doctor. However, it should not be taken with ketoconazole and other anti-fungals, warfarin, atazanavir and erlotinib
Q.Does pantoprazole cause weight gain, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache?
Pantoprazole may cause weight changes, dizziness, constipation, bloating, or headache. If you notice such symptoms, consult your doctor
Q.Is pantoprazole an antacid?
No, pantoprazole is not an antacid. It reduces the production of acid in stomach, while antacids neutralize the acids present in stomach
Q.Is pantoprazole gluten free?
Yes. Pantoprazole is gluten free. However, please refer to package insert of the prescribed brand before use.