Information about Nelfinavir
Nelfinavir is used in the treatment of HIV infection.
How Nelfinavir works
Nelfinavir is an anti-HIV medication. It works by interfering with an enzyme (protease), which is required by HIV-infected cells to make new viruses. This stops the production of new viruses.
Common side effects of Nelfinavir
Rash, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Diarrhea, Flatulence, Decreased appetite
Severe side effects of Nelfinavir
Jaundice, Metabolic acidosis
Expert advice for Nelfinavir
- Nelfinavir should be taken with food.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- It may cause dizziness or sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop abdominal pain, loss of appetite darkened urine or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy or breastfeeding.