Indinavir is used in the treatment of HIV infection
How it works
Indinavir prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
Common side effects
Increased glucose level in blood, Incresed blood lipid level, Increased cholesterol level in blood, Increased triglyceride level in blood
- ₹561Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- Tell your doctor if you suffer from liver or kidney problems, allergies, diabetes, high cholesterol, hemophilia (hereditary disorder that impairs body’s ability of blood clotting), severe pain tenderness or weakness in muscle, signs of infection, autoimmune disorder (immune system attacking healthy body tissues), bone problems after taking indinavir capsule or tablet.
- Indinavir is not recommended in children below 18 years of age.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machineries as indinavir may cause dizziness.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.