Medicine Overview of Gemitrate Injection
Side Effects of Gemitrate are Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Hair loss, Low blood platelets, Allergic reaction, Breathlessness, Decreased white blood cell count, Increased liver enzymes, Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Influenza like symptoms, Blood in urine, Skin rash, Protein in urine.
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
Gemitrate 1000 mg Injection interferes with the growth of DNA and RNA of the cancer cells by substituting their building blocks. It prevents the cancer cells from growing and multiplying.
In Depth Information on Gemitrate Injection
- Not recommended in children or adolescents below 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you have history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression).
- Inform your doctor if you have breathing problems or feel weak and pale as this could be a sign of kidney dysfunction; unexplained new or worsening dyspnea or evidence of severe pulmonary toxicity.
- Take precautions if you are on a controlled sodium diet, as this medicine contains some amount of sodium.
- You should undergo blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with persons who receive them.
- Alcohol is an ingredient of this infusion. If you are suffering from alcoholism or epilepsy, you may have serious side effects. Other medication taken at this time may have altered effects.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies.
- They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months after it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or use machinery after taking this drug as it may cause sleepiness which may worsen with alcohol use.
Gemitrate Injection related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Gemitrate 1000 mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Gemitrate 1000 mg Injection is unsafe to use during lactation.
Data suggests that the drug may cause toxicity to the baby, or the mother is suffering from a condition in which breastfeeding is not advisable.
Gemitrate 1000 mg Injection may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Gemitrate 1000 mg Injection in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
Kidney function tests are advised before taking this medicine and regular monitoring is also recommended after the treatment.
There is limited information available on the use of Gemitrate 1000 mg Injection in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Questions Related to Gemitrate
This query is for my mother. She was diagnosed with breast cancer stage 1 a couple of years back. It was thus treated with surgery followed by radiology. The doctor has since put her on anastrozole 1mg tablet daily for 5 years. She has been taking altraz 1mg by alkem laboratories since inception but now we have found a same salt medicine named elinal 1mg by emcure pharmaceuticals with same composition. Is elinal an equally effective medicine and can be taken in lieu of altraz? Reason for switching: elinal costs 80% less than altraz.
Dr. Megha Tuli
Hi PATIENT understand your concern. Emcee is a very good brand too. There is technically no difference in the two medicines. However I would suggest you verify with your treating doctor in this case because in case later something goes wrong in future, your doctor will only blame you that you checnged the medicine without consulting him and that is reason the patient has deteriorated. Cancer is known to be notorious. I have myself lost 2 very close family members to breast cancer. Do not take me wrong. I'm only asking you to verify with your doctor so that in future you face no problems in this account.
I want to know the symptoms of cancer as I am a smoker
Dr. Vijay Sharnangat
Symptoms for cancer depends upon which organ involved. For smokers , definitely chronic , they have possibility to develop lung cancer, head and neck cancers, oesophagus cancer, pancreatic cancer, stomach cancer and so more on. General symptoms would be like loss of appetite, weight loss, low grade fever in some cases, chronic cough for long time.
Frequently asked questions about Gemitrate Injection
Q. Is Gemitrate a vesicant/ anthracycline/ prodrug?
Gemitrate is not a vesicant/ anthracycline/ prodrug
Q. Does Gemitrate cause hair loss or abdominal pain?
Yes, Gemitrate has hair loss and abdominal pain as side effects. Please consult your doctor immediately if you experience such side effects
Q. Is Gemitrate a cytotoxic or chemotherapy agent?
Yes, Gemitrate is a cytotoxic chemotherapy agent
Q. Does Gemitrate work in pancreatic cancer?
Yes, Gemitrate is used to treat pancreatic cancer.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Gemitrate 1000mg Injection: NPS, SHN, PPR, SGC, NNP, SAH, VTR, LHA, HIP, MTD, AAA, ENP, JHC, CLT, FRS, KHC, SIO, AYM, ASP, OLT, MDH, SMS, DHP, OHM, FIP, 9MM, BBN, GDA, HGI, KIS, KHD, GPT, QLF, RST, RRP, JVN, SAA, BHM, SWA, SOF, MKE, VSC, BDI, WPL, GGL, CMC, WSI, VHP, SGH, JSL, AGP, GNC, AAR, BNT, HTV, BRC, SLN, BHA, RDR, MLC, DFP, VRS, SNH, AAY, EQN, BNA, GMA, HLT, PHC, PMA, NXT, SSI, AVB, YAG, LIP, ZVP, RPP, IPL, AMR, BHP, ANP, NXG, MTM, NLP, BSN, MSD, PVP, APT, SNG, PTP, DHR, VOP, BSL, FRM, RDH, KMC, RSA, SVS, VNS, SLC, MKT, DVH, BLS, BAL, VJS, AGT, DPL, IMC, EMB, SBN, HSP, OWN, EEC, CPK, WHP, ADT, DYG, TSS, MFN, SBL, MAP, DYL, RGH, UHP, APS, KLC, BGS, ANT, PRL, NTL, OWP, MAM, BBS, VDH, HAT, HEX, IPP, RWP, SPF, BKB, BJP, NAS, 4IT, SPV, ZPR, LMS, DGN, AYN, PEN, BNC, HBV, NEW, GHR, RWL, HZF, CZT, SCP, GEO, CRN, EAN, WAD, QTM, USM, AFT, GPP, INC, ALC, KHP, AHP, ALY, BHS, WDE, MJT, HSM, TOM, OIP, PHN, PSE, RAC, SDE, BMJ, MDI, VVN, MKS, TAP, NWP, MOM, AVC, BTM, AVS, HTS, MIP, AMM, PLT, SHD, RHS, JBT, IAD, EVP, AVL, HPP, MBP, OMV, RHW, GLM, DAO, SWP, UPA, BLP, SHG, NLC, JJE, AXM, NFP, PNT, RVC, MPC, PTI, LCC, DLP, ANS, USF, GFL, UMP, HCP, JIV, UVD, ATL, KNH, BJR, KIM, WHL, HNP, SSS, MDN, MAX, MRS, KHH, SYN, GLD, OBS, KAL, DRA, VSL, AYU, SRG, STA, GTC, SAF, ARD, CTP, SPD, EPS, AMH, CMD, GBL, NDP, ESY, BLE, HPC, NVL, NLG, HWS, NSL, SHC, RPA, XMX, SVH, PRC, RHL, ABP, TNH, PRN, 1MH, NVY, THP, FGH, SJP, PNQ, SDM, NEO, LHP, RKS, PRT, NPH, SMN, MDO, PWN, DLY, BAP, PSF, RYL, NTB, SCH, ZEL, BIO, HMP, RTL, RPI, JVO, STS, ATP, TAT, SBA, DPP, DZY