food interaction for G KACIN
alcohol interaction for G KACIN
pregnancy interaction for G KACIN
lactation interaction for G KACIN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for G KACIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for G KACIN
- MIKACIN 250 MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 15.72/ML of injectionRs. 31.44pay 8% more per ML of injection
- AMIKAMAC 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.18/ML of injectionRs. 32.36pay 12% more per ML of injection
- MACMIKA 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt LtdRs. 16.18/ML of injectionRs. 32.36pay 12% more per ML of injection
- MBKACIN 250MG INJECTION(2 ML injection in vial)Abbott India LtdRs. 16.10/ML of injectionRs. 32.20pay 11% more per ML of injection
- AMICIN 250 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Biochem Pharmaceutical IndustriesRs. 32.30/injectionRs. 32.30pay 123% more per injection
- Dr. Sanjay VermaMBBS, MS
- Dr. Anita SethiMBBS, MD, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. Varun GogiaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Vandana SarohaMBBS, MS, Fellowship
- Dr. Prem VardhanMBBS, MS, Fellowship, Fellowship
Expert advice for G KACIN
- If you have a kidney problem, or hearing difficulties or tinnitus (ringing in ears)
- If you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for G KACIN
Q.Is amikacin sulfa, penicillin or an aminoglycoside drug?
Amikacin does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin drug. It is a semisynthetic aminoglycoside
Q.Is amikacin dialyzable?
Yes, amikacin is a dialyzable drug
Q.Is amikacin ototoxic?
Yes, amikacin is ototoxic
Q.Is its injection painful?
Its injection is painful. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug
Q.Does amikacin need to be refrigerated?
Amikacin should be stored at or below 25°C. It should not be frozen
Q.What organisms does amikacin cover?
Amikacin is mainly effective against aerobic gram-negative bacteria such as pseudomonas as well as some gram-positive bacteria such as staphylococcus including methicillin-resistant strains but it is not the drug of choice for infections due to staphylococcus bacteria.