food interaction for FULVINEM
alcohol interaction for FULVINEM
pregnancy interaction for FULVINEM
lactation interaction for FULVINEM
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for FULVINEM
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for FULVINEM
- GRISOVIN FP 500 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.68/tabletRs. 16.77save 52% more per tablet
- DERMONORM 500MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 3.62/tabletRs. 36.22pay 3% more per tablet
- Dr. Khoobsurat NajmaMBBS
- Dr. M. K. SinghMBBS, MD
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. R. DuttaMBBS, MD
Expert advice for FULVINEM
- Do not take griseofulvin, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to griseofulvin, penicillin or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take griseofulvin, if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs); systemic lupus erythematous (SLE; autoimmune disease, in which the body's own immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue, especially skin, joints, kidneys, brain, and other organs).
- Avoid using griseofulvin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking griseofulvin because you may feel drowsy.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking griseofulvin.
Frequently asked questions for FULVINEM
Q.Is griseofulvin safe?
Griseofulvin is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q.Is griseofulvin over the counter?
No,griseofulvin is available with doctor's prescription only
Q.Is griseofulvin an antibiotic/steroid/fungicidal?
Griseofulvin is fungicidal and not an antibiotic/steroid
Q.Is griseofulvin a sulfa drug/contain sulfa (sulphur)/penicillin?
No,griseofulvin is not a sulfa drug. Neither it contain sulfa nor penicillin
Q.Can I take ibuprofen with griseofulvin?
Yes,but taking other medicines may alter the effects of griseofulvin. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q.Does griseofulvin treat candida/ringworm?
Griseofulvin is used to treat ringworm. However it is ineffective to treat candida
Q.Does griseofulvin need to be refrigerated?
No,griseofulvin does not require refrigeration.Store it at room temperature away from heat
Q.Does griseofulvin cause hair loss?
No,griseofulvin does not cause hair loss.However consult your doctor if you experience such side effect.