Information about Griseofulvin
Griseofulvin is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
How griseofulvin works
Griseofulvin is an antifungal medication. It stops the growth of fungi by preventing fungal cell division.
Common side effects of griseofulvin
Headache, Skin rash, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Griseofulvin
- ₹16 to ₹41Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹126Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹99Galenus Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17Bal Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96Brinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹14Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹155Cytoz Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
- ₹11Euphoric Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹14Menarini India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹58Litaka Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Griseofulvin
- Do not take griseofulvin, if you are allergic (hypersensitive) to griseofulvin, penicillin or any of the other ingredients.
- Do not take griseofulvin, if you have porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs); systemic lupus erythematous (SLE; autoimmune disease, in which the body's own immune system mistakenly attacks healthy tissue, especially skin, joints, kidneys, brain, and other organs).
- Avoid using griseofulvin, if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking griseofulvin because you may feel drowsy.
- Avoid exposure to sunlight or artificial light.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking griseofulvin.
Frequently asked questions for Griseofulvin
Q. Is Griseofulvin safe?
Griseofulvin is safe if used at prescribed dose and duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Griseofulvin over the counter?
No,Griseofulvin is available with doctor's prescription only
Q. Is Griseofulvin an antibiotic/steroid/fungicidal?
Griseofulvin is fungicidal and not an antibiotic/steroid
Q. Is griseofulvin a sulfa drug/contain sulfa (sulphur)/penicillin?
No,griseofulvin is not a sulfa drug. Neither it contain sulfa nor penicillin
Q. Can I take ibuprofen with griseofulvin?
Yes,but taking other medicines may alter the effects of griseofulvin. Always consult your doctor for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required
Q. Does Griseofulvin treat candida/ringworm?
Griseofulvin is used to treat ringworm. However it is ineffective to treat candida
Q. Does Griseofulvin need to be refrigerated?
No,Griseofulvin does not require refrigeration.Store it at room temperature away from heat
Q. Does Griseofulvin cause hair loss?
No,Griseofulvin does not cause hair loss.However consult your doctor if you experience such side effect.