Information about Griseofulvin
Griseofulvin is used in the treatment of fungal infections.
How Griseofulvin works
Griseofulvin is an antifungal medication. It stops the growth of fungi by preventing fungal cell division.
Common side effects of Griseofulvin
Headache, Nausea, Diarrhea, Dizziness, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Griseofulvin
Grisovin-FPGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹19 to ₹402 variant(s)
EcovinBrinton Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹138 to ₹2132 variant(s)
UlvinSeagull Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd
₹32 to ₹1322 variant(s)
Griseofulvin FPGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
GrisoflineShalina Laboratories Pvt Ltd
Gris ODDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
GrisofulvinAdcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd
DermonormGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹16 to ₹362 variant(s)
Grisactin ForteAdcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Griseofulvin
- Griseofulvin is used to treat fungal infections of the skin, nails, scalp, or hair when other medicines have failed to clear up the infection or are not appropriate.
- Take it with food to help your body absorb the medicine.
- Do not skip any doses and finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better. Stopping it early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Griseofulvin may cause dizziness.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Griseofulvin as it may cause excessive drowsiness, nausea, vomiting, and headaches.
- It can make you more sensitive to sunlight. Wear sunscreen and protective clothing when outdoors.
- It can make birth control pills less effective. Use an additional method of contraception while taking Griseofulvin.
- Do not take Griseofulvin if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.