Information about Lynestrenol
Lynestrenol is used in contraception.
How lynestrenol works
Lynestrenol is a progestin (female hormones). It works to prevent pregnancy by preventing the release of an egg from the ovary or preventing fertilization of the egg by sperm (male reproductive cells). It also may work by changing the lining of the uterus (womb) to prevent the development of a pregnancy.
Common side effects of lynestrenol
Edema, Abdominal bloating, Anxiety, Irritability, Depression, Muscle pain
Available Medicine for Lynestrenol
- ₹210DKT India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lynestrenol
- Avoid exposure of the skin to sunlight, as you may be at risk to develop or aggravate chloasma (dark skin discolouration seen in pregnant women).
- You will be regularly monitored for lipid profile during lynestrenol therapy.
- You may be at risk for developing acne and unwanted body hair (hirsutisum) while taking lynestrenol.
- Inform your doctor if you have any circulatory disorders or history of depression as there may be increased risk of specific cardiovascular disorders with the medication.
- Do not take if allergic to lynestrenol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take in undiagnosed vaginal bleeding.
- Do not take if having active venous thromboembolic disorders or severe arterial disease.Patients with blood clotting disorder, severe liver diseases.
- Do not take if having progestogen-dependent tumours and porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects the skin and other organs.