food interaction for FINACET
alcohol interaction for FINACET
pregnancy interaction for FINACET
lactation interaction for FINACET
medicine interaction for FINACET
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR FINACET
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR FINACET
- FINAST 5 MG TABLET(30 tablets in strip)Dr Reddy's Laboratories LtdRs. 16/tabletRs. 480pay 96% more per tablet
- FINCAR 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 13.40/tabletRs. 134pay 64% more per tablet
- FISTIDE 5 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 6.60/tabletRs. 66save 19% more per tablet
- FINARA 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 9.64/tabletRs. 96.45pay 18% more per tablet
- FINCEPT 5MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Lupin LtdRs. 11/tabletRs. 110pay 35% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR FINACET
- Do not start or continue finasteride and consult your doctor, if you have liver disease, if you have to undergo prostate specific antigen assay or if you notice breast enlargement and tenderness.
- Caution should be maintained by women, children and adolescents while handling leaking finasteride capsules, because the active ingredient can be absorbed through the skin.
- Wash the affected area immediately with soap and water if there is any contact with the skin. Use a condom during sexual intercourse.
Frequently asked questions FOR FINACET
Q. Is finasteride a steroid?
No, it belongs to class of medication called 5-alpha reductase inhibitors
Q. Is finasteride FDA approved?
Finasteride is approved by FDA. for the treatment and control of benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) in patients with an enlarged prostate and also in treatment of male pattern hair loss (androgenetic alopecia)
Q. Is finasteride 5mg/Proscar/finasteride 1mg safe?
Finasteride 5mg/Proscar/finasteride 1 mg is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is finasteride available as over the count drug?
No, it is available as prescription drug
Q. Is finasteride is available in India?
Yes, finasteride is available in India
Q. Can I take proscar for hair loss?
No, Proscar (finasteride 5mg) is used in the treatment of benign prostatic hyperplasia
Q. Can finasteride regrow hair?
Finasteride (1 mg)/Propacia (1 mg) is used in the treatment of male pattern hair loss
Q. Does finasteride cause depression/infertility/weight gain/ impotence/lower testosterone/lower blood pressure/shedding?
Finasteride may cause impotence, infertility. Always follow doctor's advice regarding possible side effect.