Information about Finasteride
Finasteride is used in the treatment of hair loss. It treats early forms of male pattern hair loss (also known as androgenetic alopecia).
How Finasteride works
Finasteride is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor. It blocks the body's production of a male hormone in the scalp that stops hair growth, thereby reversing the balding process and preventing further hair loss.
Common side effects of Finasteride
Ejaculation disorder, Erectile dysfunction, Sexual dysfunction
Available Medicine for Finasteride
FinastDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
FinaxDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹53 to ₹1102 variant(s)
FinaloIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
FinacetKivi Labs Ltd
₹41 to ₹942 variant(s)
FinabaldEast West Pharma
₹59 to ₹1703 variant(s)
CurlzfinCanixa Life Sciences Pvt
Expert advice for Finasteride
- Finasteride is used to increase hair growth and prevent further hair loss in men with male pattern baldness (gradual thinning of hair with receding hairline or thinning on the top of the head).
- It can take 3 months or longer to see full benefits.
- Pregnant women, women of childbearing age, or those trying to conceive must not even touch crushed or broken capsules.
- It is usually well tolerated. However, it may produce some mild sexual side effects such as low sexual drive.
- If you discontinue the medicine, you may lose the hair you grew while on it.