Information about Finasteride
Finasteride is used in the treatment of hair loss. It treats early forms of male pattern hair loss (also known as androgenetic alopecia).
How finasteride works
Finasteride is a 5-alpha reductase inhibitor. It blocks the body's production of a male hormone in the scalp that stops hair growth, thereby reversing the balding process and preventing further hair loss.
Common side effects of finasteride
Ejaculation disorder, Erectile dysfunction, Sexual dysfunction
Available Medicine for Finasteride
- ₹638Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹214Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹177Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹64Palsons Derma1 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹90Kivi Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹170East West Pharma3 variant(s)
- ₹110Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹55Canixa Life Sciences Pvt1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Finasteride
- Finasteride is used to increase hair growth and prevent further hair loss in men with male pattern baldness (gradual thinning of hair with receding hairline or thinning on the top of the head).
- It can take 3 months or longer to see full benefits.
- Pregnant women, women of childbearing age, or those trying to conceive must not even touch crushed or broken capsules.
- It is usually well tolerated. However, it may produce some mild sexual side effects such as low sexual drive.
- If you discontinue the medicine, you may lose the hair you grew while on it.