How it works
Common side effects
- Notify your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
- Felodipine can cause swelling in the ankle or feet. Notify your doctor if it bothers you.
- The missing dose of the Felodipine can cause your blood pressure to go up suddenly, which raises the risk of heart attack and stroke. You can take the medicine at the same time every day to avoid forgetting it.
- You may get a headache that lasts for a short time, after starting Felodipine. This should become less noticeable after a few days.
- Felodipine may cause dizziness in the first few days of starting the treatment.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Swelling, bleeding or tenderness of gums may occur after starting the treatment. Brushing and flossing of teeth carefully and regularly may prevent this.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is felodipine a statin, ACE inhibitor, beta-blocker, diuretic or calcium channel blocker?
Felodipine is not a statin, ACE inhibitor, beta-blocker or diuretic. It is a calcium channel blocker
Q.Is felodipine the same as amlodipine?
Felodipine and amlodipine belongs to the same class of drugs however they differ in the effect they produce and the duration of action
Q.Is felodipine a blood thinner?
Felodipine is not a blood thinner. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby lowering the blood pressure, improving blood supply to heart and reducing the strain on hear
Q.Is felodipine safe?
Felodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. In case of side effects do consult your doctor
Q.Can felodipine be taken with ibuprofen?
Felodipine can be taken along with ibuprofen. Do consult your doctor before use
Q.Does felodipine cause constipation, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, hair loss, swollen ankles or edema, lower heart rate, coughing, make you tired and get you high?
Felodipine can cause constipation, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, swollen ankles, edema, lowers heart rate, coughing, make you tired. There is no data available whether felodipine causes hair loss or get you high.