Information about Felodipine
How felodipine works
Felodipine is a calcium channel blocker. It works by relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of felodipine
Fatigue, Sleepiness, Ankle swelling, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Palpitations, Edema (swelling), Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Felodipine
- ₹31 to ₹81Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹116AstraZeneca2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Felodipine
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Felodipine
Q. Is felodipine a statin, ACE inhibitor, beta-blocker, diuretic or calcium channel blocker?
Felodipine is not a statin, ACE inhibitor, beta-blocker or diuretic. It is a calcium channel blocker
Q. Is felodipine the same as amlodipine?
Felodipine and amlodipine belongs to the same class of drugs however they differ in the effect they produce and the duration of action
Q. Is Felodipine a blood thinner?
Felodipine is not a blood thinner. It works by relaxing the blood vessels, thereby lowering the blood pressure, improving blood supply to heart and reducing the strain on hear
Q. Is Felodipine safe?
Felodipine is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. In case of side effects do consult your doctor
Q. Can felodipine be taken with ibuprofen?
Felodipine can be taken along with ibuprofen. Do consult your doctor before use
Q. Does Felodipine cause constipation, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, hair loss, swollen ankles or edema, lower heart rate, coughing, make you tired and get you high?
Felodipine can cause constipation, weight gain, erectile dysfunction, swollen ankles, edema, lowers heart rate, coughing, make you tired. There is no data available whether Felodipine causes hair loss or get you high.