Information about Cilnidipine
Cilnidipine is used in the treatment of Hypertension (high blood pressure).
How Cilnidipine works
Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It lowers blood pressure by relaxing blood vessels, which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of Cilnidipine
Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Palpitations, Edema (swelling), Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Cilnidipine
CilacarJ B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹59 to ₹1494 variant(s)
LnblocEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹58 to ₹1385 variant(s)
NexovasMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹97 to ₹1575 variant(s)
CinodAjanta Pharma Ltd
₹90 to ₹2746 variant(s)
CetanilAlembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹48 to ₹2176 variant(s)
CilaheartMankind Pharma Ltd
₹52 to ₹1203 variant(s)
₹60 to ₹1573 variant(s)
RancilSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹60 to ₹1293 variant(s)
NulongMicro Labs Ltd
₹50 to ₹1153 variant(s)
CilnyIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹47 to ₹1385 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cilnidipine
- Take it at the same time every day to help you remember to take it.
- A sudden drop in your blood pressure may occur, especially when you first start taking Cilnidipine. To lower the chance of feeling dizzy or passing out, rise slowly if you have been sitting or lying down.
- It can cause ankle or foot swelling. To reduce the swelling, raise your legs while you are sitting down. Talk to your doctor if it does not go away.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or perform any activity that requires mental focus until you know how Cilnidipine affects you.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breastfeeding.