Information about Cilnidipine
Cilnidipine is used in the treatment of increased blood pressure .
How cilnidipine works
Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. This lowers the blood pressure, abnormally fast heartbeat and reduces strain on the heart following a heart attack.
Common side effects of cilnidipine
Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Palpitations, Edema, Abdominal pain.
Available Medicine for Cilnidipine
- ₹44 to ₹106J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹109Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹109Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹116Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹99Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹119Zydus Cadila4 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹109Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹108Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹104Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹105Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cilnidipine
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Cilnidipine
Q. Is Cilnidipine used for hypertension?
Yes. Cilnidipine is used for hypertension.
Q. Is Cilnidipine better than benidipine?
Both of them reduces the blood pressure to a great extent but benidipine seems to be better in cases of kidney disease as it decreases the urinary protein loss better than Cilnidipine.
Q. What if Cilnidipine is taken with telmisartan?
A combination of two medicines which helps to control high blood pressure by widening the peripheral blood vessels so as to improve the flow of blood.Telmisartan is a type of angiotensin II receptor blocker and it inhibits the effects of angiotensin II, a hormone which results in narrowing of blood vessels.
Q. What are pleiotropic effects of Cilnidipine in patients with hypertension?
Apart from reducing the blood pressure they have a heart protective effect, kidney protective effect and reduces the protein leakage and also maintains the blood flow to the brain in cases of stroke.
Q. What is the dose of Cilnidipine?
The recommended adult oral dosage of Cilnidipine is 5-10 mg once daily. You should take the dose as suggested by your doctor.
Q. Is Cilnidipine better than nifedipine?
Yes. Cilnidipine is better than nifedipine as it has a smoother effect on blood pressure and heart rate as compared to nifedipine which causes a greater fluctuation.
Q. What if Cilnidipine is taken with chlorthalidone?
Chlorthalidone acts by increasing the urinary output. These two in a combination have an additive effect in reducing the blood pressure.
Q. What is Cilnidipine10?
This is Cilnidipine 10 mg tablet.
Q. What are the gastrointestinal side effects of Cilnidipine?
Nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, constipation, dry mouth.
Q. How does Cilnidipine works?
Cilnidipine blocks the calcium channels in the blood vessel and cause dilatation of blood vessels leading to decrease in blood pressure.
Q. How similar Cilnidipine and losartan?
Apart from reducing the blood pressure they both equally maintain the blood flow to the brain in cases of stroke.
Q. What if Cilnidipine is taken with olmesartan?
These two acts synergistically and have an additive effect in reducing the blood pressure also there is a decrease in the urinary albumin excretion seen in the kidney failure patients.
Q. What if Cilnidipine is taken with nebivolol?
Both are blood pressure lowering medications and have additive effects in combination. Nebivolol also decreases the work of the heart and reduces heart rate.
Q. What is J Circle study cilnidipine?
J circle study is -Effects of the N/L-type calcium channel blocker Cilnidipine nephropathy (assessment of the urinary albumin/creatinine ratio and uric acid metabolism in hypertensive patients with chronic kidney disease. It proved that there is a significant decrease in Albumin creatinine ratio with Cilnidipine as compared to other drugs like amlodipine.
Q. What is the half life of Cilnidipine?
A half life of Cilnidipine is 2.5 hr.
Q. What is the difference between Cilnidipine and azelnidipine?
There is no difference in the reduction of blood pressure between Cilnidipine and azelnidipine, but Cilnidipine has shown a greater reduction in urinary albumin & creatinine ratio than azelnidipine. So Cilnidipine is more efficient in reducing leakage of albumin in urine than azelnidipine in type 2 diabetic patients with hypertension.
Q. How is Cilnidipine compared with amlodipine?
Both amlodipine and Cilnidipine are equally good in reducing blood pressure but Cilnidipine has fewer chances of pedal edema and also better in patients with renal dysfunction as compared to amlodipine.
Q. What if Cilnidipine is taken with valsartan?
By combining Cilnidipine with valsartan it shows an additive effect in reducing blood pressure. Apart from that this combination has shown to decrease the blood vessel and cardiac damage due to high blood pressure.
Q. Is Cilnidipine a novel dihydropyridine?
Yes. Cilnidipine is a novel dihydropyridine, it has dual action on calcium channels.