Information about Cilnidipine
Cilnidipine is used in the treatment of hypertension.
How cilnidipine works
Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It blocks the action of calcium on the heart and blood vessels. This lowers the blood pressure, abnormally fast heartbeat and reduces strain on the heart following a heart attack.
Common side effects of cilnidipine
Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Palpitations, Edema, Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Cilnidipine
- ₹44 to ₹117J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹109Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹109Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹116Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹39 to ₹99Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹119Zydus Cadila4 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹109Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹108Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹104Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹105Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cilnidipine
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Cilnidipine
Q. Is Cilnidipine better than benidipine?
Both of them reduces the blood pressure to a great extent but benidipine seems to be better in cases of kidney disease as it decreases the urinary protein loss better than Cilnidipine.
Q. How does Cilnidipine works?
Cilnidipine blocks the calcium channels in the blood vessel and cause dilatation of blood vessels leading to decrease in blood pressure.
Q. What if Cilnidipine is taken with nebivolol?
Both are blood pressure lowering medications and have additive effects in combination. Nebivolol also decreases the work of the heart and reduces heart rate.