Information about Cilnidipine
Cilnidipine is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How cilnidipine works
Cilnidipine is a calcium channel blocker. It works by relaxing blood vessels which makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood throughout the body.
Common side effects of cilnidipine
Fatigue, Ankle swelling, Sleepiness, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Headache, Nausea, Dizziness, Palpitations, Edema, Abdominal pain
Available Medicine for Cilnidipine
- ₹44 to ₹117J B Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹109Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹119Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹48 to ₹116Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹43 to ₹99Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹131Zydus Cadila4 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹109Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹119Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹113Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹115Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Cilnidipine
- It is very common to have dizziness, lightheadedness, swelling ankles/feet, flushing, or a headache as a side effect.
- To lower your risk of dizziness and lightheadedness, get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Inform your doctor if your symptoms do not improve or if it worsens (for example, your blood pressure readings remain high or increase, chest pain continues or worsens).
- Inform your doctor immediately if any of these serious side effects occur: fast/irregular/pounding heartbeat, fainting.
- Use this medication regularly to get the most benefit from it. To help you remember, take it at the same time each day. It is important to continue taking this medication even if you feel well.
- If you miss a dose, take it as soon as you remember. If it is near the time for the next dose, skip the missed dose and resume your usual dosing schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Cilnidipine
Q. How does Cilnidipine work?
Cilnidipine blocks the calcium channels in the blood vessel and cause dilatation of blood vessels leading to decrease in blood pressure.
Q. What if Cilnidipine is taken with nebivolol?
Both are blood pressure lowering medications and have additive effects in combination. Nebivolol also decreases the work of the heart and reduces heart rate.