Medicine Overview of F TENSIL INJECTION
Uses of F TENSIL INJECTION
F tensil 25mg injection is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
Side effects of F TENSIL INJECTION
Dystonia, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Akathisia, Dry mouth, Constipation, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Parkinsonism.
How to use F TENSIL INJECTION
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How F TENSIL INJECTION works
F tensil 25mg injection works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects the thoughts and moods.
In Depth Information on F TENSIL INJECTION
Expert advice for F TENSIL INJECTION
- Do not take fluphenazine when you are under the influence of alcohol or any sleep-inducing, cough and/ or allergy medication.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking fluphenazine as it may cause dizziness and movement disorder.
- Consult your doctor before you take fluphenazine in case you have past or family history of disorder of abnormal heartbeat, blood clotting disorders, thyroid disorders, severe breathing problems, fits (epilepsy), brain damage, Parkinson’s disease, glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eyes that causes blurred vision), enlarged prostate gland (i.e. if you have trouble passing urine).
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to get pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to fluphenazine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not give to Patients who are in unconscious state (coma) or severe depressed state.
- Do not take if Patient have history of stroke, severe heart problem, cerebral atherosclerosis (brain damage due to hardening and narrowing of arteries supplying blood to the brain), liver damage, blood dyscrasias (abnormal formation, function and quality of blood cells).
- Consult your doctor if patient is Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
Special precautions for F TENSIL 25MG INJECTION
F tensil 25mg injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
F tensil 25mg injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function. Contraindicated in renal failure.
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
ONABET POWDER, FLUGEE 150MG TABLET, TRAMAZAC HP 50MG INJECTION, BENADRYL DR DRY COUGH ACTIVE RELIEF SYRUP
Frequently asked questions for F TENSIL 25MG INJECTION
Frequently asked questions for Fluphenazine
Q. Is fluphenazine a narcotic or benzodiazepine and cause addiction?
No, fluphenazine is neither a narcotic nor a benzodiazepine class of drug. It is an antipsychotic drug and it does not have any addiction potential
Q. Is fluphenazine FDA approved/ a controlled substance?
Yes. Fluphenazine is approved by FDA and it is not a controlled substance
Q. Does fluphenazine has side effects such as weight gain and depression?
Fluphenazine causes weight gain but not depression.