Medicine Overview of Exelon Tts Patch
Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch is used in the treatment of Alzheimer's disease
and dementia in Parkinson's disease.
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Loss of appetite, Dyspepsia.
Use this medicine in dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label before use. Make sure the skin is clean and dry. Remove the protective liner of the patch. Do not touch the sticky side. With sticky side down, place the patch evenly onto the skin.
Memory loss in Alzheimer’s disease is due to disturbance of message signals in the brain. Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch works by increasing the levels of acetylcholine, a chemical messenger involved in the transmission of nerve signals.
In Depth Information on Exelon Tts Patch
- Apply one patch per day by pressing it firmly in place for at least 30 seconds to only one of the following locations: left upper arm or right upper arm, left upper chest or right upper chest (avoid breast), left upper back or right upper back, left lower back or right lower back.
- Do not apply a new patch to that same location of skin twice within 14 days.
- Before you apply a patch, make sure that your skin is clean, dry and hairless, free of any powder, oil, moisturizer, or lotion that could keep the patch from sticking to your skin properly, free of cuts, rashes and/or irritations. Do not cut the patch into pieces.
- Do not expose the patch to any external heat sources (e.g. excessive sunlight, saunas, solarium) for long periods of time. Make sure the patch does not loosen during any physical activities such as bathing, swimming or showering.
- Replace the patch with a new one only after 24 hours. If you have not applied a patch for several days, do not apply the next one before you have talked to your doctor.
- Take precautions if you have or had any of the following medical conditions: an irregular heartbeat, an active stomach ulcer, inflammation of the pancreas, difficulties in passing urine, seizures, asthma or a severe respiratory disease, trembling, low body weight, gastrointestinal reactions such as nausea, being vomiting and diarrhea, impaired liver function, planning to undergo surgery, dementia or other decreased mental ability that is not caused by Alzheimer or Parkinson disease.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as rivastigmine may cause fainting or severe confusion.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant.
Exelon Tts Patch related warnings
No interaction found
Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch is probably safe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch is probably unsafe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggest that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby.
Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive.
Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch is recommended.
However, inform your doctor if you have an underlying kidney disease as close monitoring is advised while you are taking this medicine.
Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch is safe to use in patients with liver disease. No dose adjustment of Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch is recommended.
However, inform your doctor if you have an underlying liver disease as close monitoring is advised while you are taking this medicine.
If you miss a dose of Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions about Exelon Tts Patch
Q. Does pilocarpine increase or decrease heart rate?
Pilocarpine can decrease the heart rate. However, it does not increase the heart rate
Q. Does pilocarpine cause weight gain/increase blood pressure?
Pilocarpine increases blood pressure. However, no clinically relevant effect on weight has been reported with the use of pilocarpine
Q. Does pilocarpine help dry eyes?
Yes, pilocarpine helps dry eyes by increasing the production of tears
Q. Does pilocarpine work?
Pilocarpine acts by increasing the activity of chemical acetylcholine, thereby, increasing the secretion from various glands including salivary glands and tear glands. Due to its cholinergic effect, it also constricts the pupil of the eye and improves the outflow of aqueous humor (fluid in within the eye) contributing to reduction in eyeball pressure
Q. Does pilocarpine cause blurred vision/hair loss?
Yes, pilocarpine causes blurred vision. But it does not cause hair loss
Q. How does pilocarpine affect heart rate?
Pilocarpine decreases heart rate by increasing the effect of a chemical called as acetylcholine
Q. How does pilocarpine lower intraocular pressure?
Pilocarpine lowers intraocular pressure by constricting the ciliary muscle of the eyes, therefore increasing the outflow of fluid (aqueous humor) from posterior part of the eye.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Exelon Tts 13.3mg Patch: HPC, RSA, ENP, SGH, UMP, BHP, MAK, JVN, QTM, SBA, RSS, RHW, HGI, EVP, HTS, IAD, OHM, RPI, SLN, IPL, ZEL, WSI, MMS, STA, NVL, MPC, CLT, FGH, BIO, JIV, BMJ, JSL, ZVP, VRS, QLF, DPL, SSA, SHD, ANT, ATL, PWN, SBL, DGN, SRG, PMA, MLC, GBL, KMC, HZF, AGT, PPR, DVH, PTI, AAY, SGC, MDO, SJP, BLE, LCC, PLT, MSD, OWP, GNC, HMP, RDR, HBV, SDM, PNT, 9T9, MDH, HNP, BAP, JVO, SHP, AYM, OLT, DLP, NSL, AMR, AAR, SWA, HEX, HSP, HIP, GTK, HAT, NDP, RUS, RJH, SVH, TFP, SWP, PRN, P2P, TNH, BHM, EQN, NTB, MAX, LHA, RDH, ABP, AYU, DFP, BBS, KHH, BSN, NVY, GPP, PEN, BDN, VDH, SYN, ADT, TOM, ESY, GPT, RWP, VNS, RPP, TRP, NNH, GTC, RHL, ARD, DHR, USF, ATP, OIP, BAL, SHC, GHR, INC, PVP, SCH, WHL, KHC, MAM, SAF, EMB, THP, DYG, RKS, NXG, DPP, BTM