Information about Hyoscine butylbromide
Hyoscine butylbromide uses
Hyoscine butylbromide is used in the treatment of pain due to smooth muscle spasm. It is used to relieve cramps in the muscles of stomach, intestine, bladder and ureter. It can also be used to relieve the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
How hyoscine butylbromide works
Hyoscine butylbromide is an anticholinergic medication. It works by relaxing the muscles in the stomach and gut (intestine). It stops sudden muscle contractions (spasms), thereby relieving cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort.
Common side effects of hyoscine butylbromide
Dryness in mouth, Increased heart rate, Dilatation of pupil, Nausea, Blurred vision, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Hyoscine butylbromide
- ₹10 to ₹115Sanofi India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹66Zydus Cadila5 variant(s)
- ₹31Proctor Organics P Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹32Prescription Medicines Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹16Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹10 to ₹29Inga Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹25Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9Psychotropics India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹32Ikon Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hyoscine butylbromide
- Do not take hyoscine if you are allergic to hyoscine or any of the other ingredient of the tablet or solution.
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking hyoscine as it may cause drowsiness.
- Consult your doctor before taking hyoscine, if you have a history of heart problems like heart failure or fast heart rate; an overactive thyroid; fever, constipation or difficulty while urinating.
Frequently asked questions for Hyoscine butylbromide
Q. What does Hyoscine butylbromide treat and how does it work?
Hyoscine butylbromide is used for treating motion sickness. It is also used for relief from spasm in the genito-urinary tract, gastro-intestinal tract as well as during irritable bowel syndrome (IBD). Hyoscine butylbromide acts by relaxing the smooth muscles and by inhibiting secretions in the lining of the gastro-intestinal tract
Q. Is Hyoscine butylbromide the same as scopolamine?
Scopolamine is the brand name of Hyoscine butylbromide
Q. Is it an anti-histamine?
It is not an anti-histamine
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen/painkillers with hyoscine?
Hyoscine is not known to interact with paracetamol/ibuprofen/painkillers.Drugs are known to interact with each other and cause adverse effects.Any drug used in combination with hyoscine should be as per the doctor's advice
Q. Does Hyoscine butylbromide cause drowsiness or relieve nausea?
Hyoscine butylbromide is known to relieve nausea and may cause drowsiness as a side effect.