Information about Hyoscine butylbromide
Hyoscine butylbromide Uses
Hyoscine butylbromide is used in the treatment of pain due to smooth muscle spasm. It is used to relieve cramps in the muscles of stomach, intestine, bladder and ureter. It can also be used to relieve the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS).
How Hyoscine butylbromide works
Hyoscine butylbromide is an anticholinergic medication. It works by relaxing the muscles in the stomach and gut (intestine). It stops sudden muscle contractions (spasms), thereby relieving cramps, pain, bloating, and discomfort.
Common side effects of Hyoscine butylbromide
Dryness in mouth, Increased heart rate, Dilatation of pupil, Nausea, Blurred vision, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Hyoscine butylbromide
BuscogastSanofi India Ltd
₹11 to ₹333 variant(s)
₹10 to ₹655 variant(s)
HylacProctor Organics P Ltd
XspasNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹10 to ₹322 variant(s)
GastrecoTaurus Laboratories Pvt Ltd
HyopilPsychotropics India Ltd
BelloidInga Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹10 to ₹282 variant(s)
BiscotasIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹10 to ₹152 variant(s)
HyoswiftInd Swift Laboratories Ltd
₹6 to ₹252 variant(s)
HikinTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Hyoscine butylbromide
- Take it at the same time every day, either with or without food.
- Do not skip any dose and finish the complete course as suggested by the doctor.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Hyoscine butylbromide can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- It may cause diarrhea. Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration while taking this medicine.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking this medicine as it may lead to side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning pregnancy and breastfeeding.