Medicine Overview of Exalbic Tablet
Side effects of Exalbic Tablet
Headache, Weight loss, Dizziness, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Back pain, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Decreased appetite, Influenza.
How to use Exalbic Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Exalbic 500mcg Tablet at a fixed time.
How Exalbic Tablet works
Exalbic 500mcg tablet works by relaxing the muscles in the walls of the airways. This opens the airways and makes breathing easier.
In Depth Information on Exalbic Tablet
Expert advice for Exalbic Tablet
- Roflumilast is not effective and should not be used for sudden attacks of breathlessness (acute bronchospasm).
- You should not take roflumilast if you have a history of depression and suicidal behavior/thoughts.
- You should have your weight monitored regularly. Stop taking roflumilast and seek advice if you experience unexplained and significant weight loss while on treatment.
- Roflumilast controls COPD but does not cure it. It is important to continue taking roflumilast even if you feel well unless advised otherwise.
- Roflumilast may cause dizziness, which can aggravate with alcohol intake. Do not drive or operate any machinery until you feel fine.
- You should not take roflumilast if you have any serious disease affecting your immune system (HIV, multiple sclerosis, lupus erythematosus, progressive multifocal leukoencephalopathy) or if you are receiving treatments that act on your immune system for certain cancers or serious infections.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Exalbic 500mcg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Exalbic 500mcg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Exalbic 500mcg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactat+more
ion. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Exalbic 500mcg Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
Exalbic 500mcg Tablet is safe to use in patients with kidney+more
disease. No dose adjustment of Exalbic 500mcg Tablet is recommended....
Exalbic 500mcg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Exalbic 500mcg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Use of Exalbic 500mcg Tablet is not recommended in patients with moderate to severe liver disease....
Use of Exalbic 500mcg Tablet is not recommended in patients with moderate to severe liver disease.
Frequently asked questions for Exalbic 500mcg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Roflumilast
No. Exalbic is not a methylxanthine and works via a different mechanism of action
Yes. Exalbic is available in India in the form of 500 mcg tablet
No. Exalbic belongs to a class of drugs called phosphodiesterase inhibitors. It does not have a chemical structure or effects similar to steroids. It does not induce sleep and is not a narcotic drug
Exalbic is used as a maintenance treatment for severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) in patients with frequent worsening of COPD symptoms (COPD exacerbations) and with long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Exalbic is used to prevent worsening of symptoms in patients with severe chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD; a group of lung disorders in which the flow of air to the lungs is blocked) and long-term inflammation of airways (chronic bronchitis)
Exalbic may need to be taken for several weeks to achieve its effects and may vary upon individual response. Please follow advice of your doctor regarding dose and duration.
Substitutes for Exalbic Tablet
Rofum 500mcg Tablet
Roflair 500mcg Tablet
Roflutab 500mcg Tablet
Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Koye Pharmaceuticals Pvt ltd
Rufus 500mcg Tablet
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd