Medicine Overview of Esmocard Injection
Side effects of Esmocard Injection
Nausea, Headache, Fatigue, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Dizziness, Cold extremities.
How to use Esmocard Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Esmocard Injection works
Esmocard 100mg Injection is a beta blocker that works specifically on the heart. It works by slowing down the heart rate and makes the heart more efficient at pumping blood around the body.
In Depth Information on Esmocard Injection
Expert advice for Esmocard Injection
- Esmocard helps reduce blood pressure and lower heart rate.
- Do not miss doses. In case you miss a dose, take it as soon as possible up to 8 hrs before next dose. Don’t double the dose.
- Stopping Esmocard suddenly can cause your blood pressure to rise suddenly, which increases the risk of heart attack and stroke.
- You may feel dizzy during the initial few days. You may also have fatigue and headaches. Notify your doctor if these symptoms persist for long.
- Can hide symptoms of low blood sugar if you're diabetic. If you take insulin or other anti-diabetic medications, you may have to check your blood sugar level more closely.
- Know how to check pulse daily and blood pressure (BP) twice a week, and teach your family as well.
- Notify your doctor if slow pulse, troubled breathing, wheezing, cold hands and feet, dizziness, light-headedness, confusion, depression.
Special precautions for Esmocard 100mg Injection
Taking esmolol with alcohol may have additive effects in low+more
ering your blood pressure. You may experience headache, dizziness, lightheadedness, fainting, and/or changes in pulse or heart rate....
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Esmocard 100mg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Esmocard 100mg Injection is probably safe to use during lact+more
ation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Esmocard 100mg Injection alters the+more
ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Esmocard 100mg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Esmocard 100mg Injection is recommended.+more
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. Regular monitoring of blood pressure, kidney function test, and potassium levels may be advised....
However, talk to your doctor if you have any underlying kidney disease. Regular monitoring of blood pressure, kidney function test, and potassium levels may be advised.
Esmocard 100mg Injection is probably safe to use in patients+more
with liver disease. Limited data available suggests that dose adjustment of Esmocard 100mg Injection may not be needed in these patients. Please consult your doctor....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
K-Vog 0.3mg Tablet MD, Cyblex 60mg XR Tablet, Voglistar 0.3mg Tablet MD, Vogli 0.3mg Tablet MD
Frequently asked questions for Esmocard 100mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Esmolol
Esmocard belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blocker, and can dilate blood vessels
Yes. Esmocard is a vesicant and can cause skin discoloration and necrosis if it leaks during infusion
Esmocard is a vasodilator
Esmocard is supplied in the form of solution for injection or infusion
Esmocard drip is the Esmocard solution for injection or infusion
Esmocard is short acting as it undergoes quick breakdown (hydrolysis) and has an elimination half-life of about 9 mins.