food interaction for ESMOCARD
alcohol interaction for ESMOCARD
pregnancy interaction for ESMOCARD
lactation interaction for ESMOCARD
medicine interaction for ESMOCARD
Avoid Esmocard 100mg injection with caffeine and chocolate as well as food containing caffeine and chocolate such as tea leaves, cocoa beans.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR ESMOCARD
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR ESMOCARD
- ESOCARD 100MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Samarth Life Sciences Pvt LtdRs. 24.20/ML of injectionRs. 242same price
Expert advice FOR ESMOCARD
- Esmolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Esmolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Esmolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Esmolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
Frequently asked questions FOR ESMOCARD
Q. Is esmolol a vasodilator?
Esmolol belongs to the class of drugs called beta-blocker, and can dilate blood vessels
Q. Is esmolol a vesicant?
Yes. Esmolol is a vesicant and can cause skin discoloration and necrosis if it leaks during infusion
Q. Is esmolol a vasopressor?
Esmolol is a vasodilator
Q. How is esmolol supplied?
Esmolol is supplied in the form of solution for injection or infusion
Q. What is esmolol drip?
Esmolol drip is the esmolol solution for injection or infusion
Q. Why is esmolol short acting?
Esmolol is short acting as it undergoes quick breakdown (hydrolysis) and has an elimination half-life of about 9 mins.