food interaction for EPITAN
alcohol interaction for EPITAN
pregnancy interaction for EPITAN
lactation interaction for EPITAN
medicine interaction for EPITAN
Avoid Epitan 60mg tablet with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR EPITAN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR EPITAN
- GARDENAL 60 MG TABLET(30 tablets in packet)Abbott India LtdRs. 1.72/tabletRs. 51.66pay 15% more per tablet
- PHENOBARB 60 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 1.08/tabletRs. 10.76save 28% more per tablet
- EMGARD 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Medo PharmaRs. 1.81/tabletRs. 18.08pay 21% more per tablet
- PHENOTONE 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 0.59/tabletRs. 5.87save 61% more per tablet
- BARBEE 60MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Ind Swift Laboratories LtdRs. 1.01/tabletRs. 10.06save 33% more per tablet
Expert advice FOR EPITAN
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you are allergic to phenobarbitone or any of the other ingredient of the tablet.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: liver or kidney disease; temporary or chronic pain; mental depression or illness; disorders of pituitary gland or adrenal gland (e.g. pheochromocytoma); breathing problems; or porphyria (disturbance of metabolism that can be seen as disorders of the skin or other organs).
- Do not take phenobarbitone if you have an addiction to alcohol or drug abuse.
- Avoid taking phenobarbitone if you are pregnant or breast-feeding or planning to become pregnant.
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking phenobarbitone as it may cause drowsiness.
Frequently asked questions FOR EPITAN
Q. What is phenobarbitone used for?
Phenobarbitone is used to control seizures in epilepsy patients and is also used to relieve anxiety. It may also be used as a sedative for patients about to undergo surgery; to treat people who are suffering from withdrawal symptoms from addiction to other seizure medication or who are going to stop medication
Q. What is phenobarbitone sodium?
Phenobarbitone sodium is one of the salt forms of phenobarbitone and is used for the same indications
Q. How does phenobarbitone work?
Phenobarbitone belongs to barbiturates. It acts by slowing down the activity of the brai
Q. Is it an enzyme inducer?
It is an enzyme inducer
Q. Is phenobarbitone a controlled drug?
Phenobarbitone is a controlled drug
Q. What is phenobarbitone syrup?
Phenobarbitone is available as tablet and syrup form for use.