food interaction for EPIGRAN
alcohol interaction for EPIGRAN
pregnancy interaction for EPIGRAN
lactation interaction for EPIGRAN
medicine interaction for EPIGRAN
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR EPIGRAN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR EPIGRAN
- ZONISEP 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Sun Pharmaceutical Industries LtdRs. 12.20/capsuleRs. 122pay 22% more per capsule
- ZONIMID 100 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 12.20/capsuleRs. 122pay 22% more per capsule
- ZONICARE 100MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Abbott India LtdRs. 9.27/capsuleRs. 92.68save 7% more per capsule
Expert advice FOR EPIGRAN
- If your child (<12 years old) has been prescribed with zonisamide, ask your doctor for necessary precautions, as they are at greater risk of reduced sweating, heat stroke, pneumonia and liver problems.
- Dress lightly during hot climates or when exercising and check carefully for signs of decreased sweating or heat stroke.
- Drink sufficient water while taking zonisamide to reduce the risk of kidney stones and heat strokes.
- Do not stop using zonisamide suddenly, even if you feel fine as stopping suddenly may cause increased seizures.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you develop serious and sometimes fatal skin reactions (Stevens-Johnson syndrome, toxic epidermal necrolysis), as zonisamide (sulfa medicine) is known to cause such side effects.
- Inform your doctor and seek medical advice if you develop any signs of suicidal thoughts or actions, depressed mood, anxious state, restlessness, irritable behavior or any unusual change in mood or behavior; high fever or long lasting fever.
- Do not drive or operate machinery as zonisamide may cause dizziness, drowsiness, or vision changes.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR EPIGRAN
Q. Is zonisamide a controlled substance/ addictive/ Narcotic/ gluten free/ generic?
Yes, Zonisamide is a controlled drug. It is not an addictive or narcotic drug. It is gluten free and a generic drug
Q. Is zonisamide used for weight loss or migraines?
Zonisamide is not used to treat weight loss or migraines
Q. Can I take ibuprofen/prednisone with zonisamide?
Yes, Ibuprofen or prednisone can be taken with zonisamide
Q. Does zonisamide cause weight gain/ kidney stones/hair loss/ weight loss/ diarrhea/ depression/ constipation/feeling high?
Zonisamide commonly does not cause all the above mentioned side effects except depression. Please consult your doctor if you develop such side effects.