Medicine Overview of Entaliv Tablet
Side effects of Entaliv Tablet
Fatigue, Headache, Nausea, Dizziness.
How to use Entaliv Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It is better to take Entaliv 1mg Tablet empty stomach (1 hour before food or 2 hours after food).
How Entaliv Tablet works
Entaliv 1mg tablet prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
In Depth Information on Entaliv Tablet
Expert advice for Entaliv Tablet
- Do not discontinue taking entecavir without your doctor’s advice.
- Entecavir should be taken on an empty stomach. Please follow the instructions of your doctor.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you are breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machines if you feed dizzy, tired or sleepy after taking entecavir.
- Do consult your doctor before taking entecavir if you have Kidney disease, any other liver disease or a liver transplant.
- Consult your doctor before taking entecavir, if you have AIDS or HIV (human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Tests for HIV should be performed before taking entecavir in suspected individuals.
- Inform your doctor, if you have taken medicines containing active drug lamivudine (Epivir, Epzicom, Trizivir) or telbivudine. Inform your doctor about all medications you have received in the past for treatment of hepatitis B.
- Worsening of hepatitis B may occur while taking entecavir and upon discontinuation. Liver function tests must be conducted while on treatment and upon discontinuation.
- Immediately report symptoms such as nausea, vomiting and stomach pain to your doctor. These might indicate development of a life-threatening side effect of entecavir called lactic acidosis (excess lactic acid in blood). Lactic acidosis occurs more often in women, particularly if they are very overweight.
Special precautions for Entaliv 1mg Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Entaliv 1mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Entaliv 1mg Tablet is probably usafe to use during lactation+more
. Limited human data suggests that the drug could represent a significant risk to the baby....
Entaliv 1mg Tablet may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tired, o+more
r decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Entaliv 1mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients w+more
ith kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Entaliv 1mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Entaliv 1mg Tablet is safe to use in patients with liver dis+more
ease. No dose adjustment of Entaliv 1mg Tablet is recommended....
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Valgaids 450mg Tablet, Herperax 200mg Tablet, Adamon 100mg Injection, TRANDOL 50MG INJECTION
If you miss a dose of Entecavir, take it as soon as possible. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Entaliv 1mg Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Entecavir
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug Entaliv. Entaliv is an antiviral drug and is used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus
Entaliv monohydrate is the salt form of active drug Entaliv which is used in the preparation of different formulations (eg. Tablets). It has the same antiviral activity like Entaliv and is used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug Entaliv and is used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus. It is effective if used as advised by your doctor. The effectiveness of Entaliv may vary depending upon individual cases
Q. What are the side effects of baraclude?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir and has the same side effects as entecavir
Q. How does baraclude work?
Baraclude is a trade name for active drug entecavir. Entecavir is an antiviral drug and works by blocking the DNA synthesis in hepatitis B virus, a process essential for the virus to grow and multiply. It stops the virus from spreading in the body
Entaliv is an antiviral drug used to treat long-term infection of the liver (hepatitis) caused by hepatitis B virus. It is effective if used as advised by your doctor. The effectiveness and duration of treatment may vary upon individual response
No. Entaliv has no known effect on sperm or increasing body weight.
User Submitted Feedback For Entaliv 1mg Tablet
Patients taking Entaliv 1mg Tablet
Once A Day
Twice A Week
What were the side-effects while using this medicine?
How do you take this medicine?
How much was the improvement?
What are you using this medicine for?
Chronic hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection