food interaction for DOLOCIP
alcohol interaction for DOLOCIP
pregnancy interaction for DOLOCIP
lactation interaction for DOLOCIP
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for DOLOCIP
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for DOLOCIP
- DOLONEX 20MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Pfizer LtdRs. 8.76/tablet dtRs. 87.63pay 192% more per tablet dt
- DUPOX 20MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Bennet Pharmaceuticals LimitedRs. 3.83/tablet dtRs. 38.25pay 28% more per tablet dt
- SWELINEX DT 20 MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Tidal Laboratories Pvt LtdRs. 6.30/tablet dtRs. 63pay 110% more per tablet dt
- REXICAM 20 MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Reliance Formulation Pvt LtdRs. 3.50/tablet dtRs. 35pay 17% more per tablet dt
- MOBICAM 20 MG TABLET DT(10 tablet dt in strip)Cipla LtdRs. 3.75/tablet dtRs. 37.50pay 25% more per tablet dt
- Dr. Ashok KumarMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Sumeet AgrawalMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Rajiva GuptaMBBS, DNB, MD, Fellowship, Fellowship
- Dr. Naval MendirattaMBBS, MD, Fellowship
- Dr. Divya AgarwalMBBS, MD, DNB
Expert advice for DOLOCIP
- if you have liver disease.
- if you have kidney disease.
- if you have high blood pressure, heart problems or stroke.
- if you have high cholesterol or hardening of the arteries.
- if you have asthma.
- if you have diabetes.
- if you have polyps in your nose.
- If you have previously had or currently have a stomach or intestinal ulcer, bleeding or perforation.
- If you have, or have previously had disorders of the stomach or intestines such as ulcerative colitis, Crohn’s disease, gastrointestinal cancers or diverticulitis (inflamed or infected pouches/pockets in the colon).
- If you are taking other NSAIDs such as ibuprofen, celecoxib or acetylsalicylic acid (aspirin), a substance present in many medicines used to relieve pain and lower fever.
- If you are taking anticoagulants, such as warfarin, to prevent blood clots, if you are planning to become pregnant or if you have problems becoming pregnant, piroxicam may make it more difficult to become pregnant.
- If while taking piroxicam, you develop any allergic reaction such as a skin rash, swelling of the face, wheezing or difficulty breathing, serious reactions in the stomach and intestines, such as pain, bleeding, ulceration and perforation.
Frequently asked questions for DOLOCIP
Q.Is piroxicam/ Dolonex/ Dolonex DT a pain killer?
Dolonex and Dolonex DT are brand names of piroxicam. Piroxicam is used to relieve pain and reduce swelling affecting joints
Q.Is piroxicam a narcotic/ opiate/ a cox 2 inhibitor/acidic or basic/ a controlled substance/ addictive?
No, piroxicam is non-narcotic and not an opiate. It is a non- selective cox inhibitor and slightly acidic. It is not a controlled substance and it can be an addictive drug for some people, and this is why you should ensure regularly check up with your doctor
Q.Is piroxicam a blood thinner?
Piroxicam is not a blood thinner, but it may enhance the effect of anticoagulants (blood thinners)
Q.Is piroxicam the same as ibuprofen?
Piroxicam and ibuprofen, both are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAID). They are similar in action but are not identical drugs. Ibuprofen is milder and is used to relieve pain, inflammation, fever due to many conditions such as migraine, headache, dental pain, arthritis, etc. Piroxicam, on the other hand, is generally used to relieve pain and reduce swelling affecting joints
Q.Can I take piroxicam with Ibuprofen/Tylenol/Advil/ paracetamol/ Tramadol/ Acetaminophen/ naproxen?
It can be taken with ibuprofen, paracetamol, naproxen, tramadol, Tynelol, Advil
Q.Does piroxicam causes weight gain/ high/strink tumors/constipation/ sleepy?
It may cause these side effects, but you should consult your doctor
Q.Does piroxicam contain aspirin/ acetaminophen/ibuprofen?
No it does not contain aspirin/acetaminophen/ibuprofen.