Medicine Overview of Divigel Gel
Divigel 0.1% Gel is used for dryness in vagina.
Use this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Check the label for directions before use. Apply it on the affected area and allow it to stay before spitting or rinsing.
Estradiol belongs to a class of medications called as sex hormones. It is a form of estrogen (female sex hormone) that is produced by the ovaries. It acts by replacing the natural hormone in the body when there is a deficiency.
In Depth Information on Divigel Gel
- Do not use estradiol patches over your breasts.
- Tell your doctor if you have ever had any of the following problems, before you start the treatment:
- fibroids inside your womb, growth of womb lining outside your womb (endometriosis) or a history of endometrial hyperplasia (excessive growth of the womb lining), family history of breast cancer.
- Stop taking estradiol and see a doctor immediately if you notice yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes (jaundice), rise in your blood pressure (symptoms may be headache, tiredness, dizziness), new onset migraine-like headaches, pregnancy, signs of a blood clot, such as: painful swelling and redness of the legs, sudden chest pain, difficulty in breathing.
- Do not use if you are allergic to estradiol hemihydrate or any of its ingredients.
- Do not use if you have or have ever had breast cancer or cancer of the womb lining (endometrium).
- Do not use if you have excessive thickening of the womb lining (endometrial hyperplasia).
- Do not use if you have unexplained vaginal bleeding.
- Do not use if you have venous thromboembolism or other thrombophilic disorders.
- Do not use if you have a rare blood problem called porphyria.
- Do not use by Pregnant and breastfeeding women.
- Do not use by Children.
Divigel Gel related warnings
No interaction found
Divigel 0.1% Gel is highly unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Human and animal studies have shown significant adverse effects on the foetus. Please consult your doctor.
Divigel 0.1% Gel is probably safe to use during lactation.
Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby.
The baby's skin should not come into direct contact with the treated area of skin. Water-miscible cream/gel is preferred as ointments may expose the baby to harmful effects of Divigel 0.1% Gel via licking.
Divigel 0.1% Gel does not usually affect your ability to drive.
There is limited information available on the use of Divigel 0.1% Gel in patients with kidney disease. Please consult your doctor.
There is limited information available on the use of Divigel 0.1% Gel in patients with liver disease. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Divigel Gel
Q. Is estradiol and estrogen the same/ is estradiol the same as progesterone/ is estradiol a synthetic hormone/does estradiol valerate work/ what is evalon cream?
Estradiol is the most potent natural estrogen produced by ovaries in female. It is different from another female hormone that is progesterone. It is not a conjugated estrogen and it not a synthetic hormone. Estradiol valerate and Evalon vaginal cream works same as estradiol
Q. Can I take estrogen forever?
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the dosage and duration
Q. Is estradiol safe/ stop your period?
Estradiol is safe if used at recommended dosage and duration. Estradiol can stop your periods. Other side effects are not confirmed but may occur with some patients. Consult your doctor if you experience any side effects
Q. Is estradiol a conjugated estrogen/ better than Premarin?
Estradiol is a synthetic hormone, whereas premarin contains conjugated estrogen. Both are different types of estrogen and have comparable benefit and side-effect profile.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Divigel 0.1% Gel: PLT, OLT, AGT, MSD, SWP, MPC, PNT, BBS, TNH, GBL, DPP, SWA, NNH, HPC, RSS, DDR, RKS, SCH, STA, DLP, ADT, SRG, MAX, MOM, CLT, ZVP, BMJ, SHD, JMJ, BIO, OIP, IPL, ENP, INC, SVH, OHM, RUS, SYN, WSI, TRP, JIV, AYU, RWP, GTC, GNC, PVP, AAY, EMB, SAT, HGI, ATL, SAF, RPP, NDP, SDM, BTM, PTI, HBV, TOM, NSL, VRS, HMP, WHL, RHW, ANT, HAT, LHA, SSA, SBA, RJH, MDO, ABP, BSN, PEN, MAK, 9T9, JVO, KHH, FGH, RHL, THP, DYG, ARD, GPT, OWP, BAL, ZEL, GPP, SBL, HIP, PPR, NWP, BHP, DPL, PRN, LCC, AVN, IAD, NVY, GTK, MLC, DHR, UMP, PWN, AMR, NVL, RSA, USF, ATP, SJP, SHP, NXG, NTB, DFP, MAM, HEX, MMS, SGC, JVN, DGN, AAR, BDN, EQN