Medicine Overview of Dextomid Injection
Uses of Dextomid Injection
Dextomid 100mcg Injection is used as sedation in intensive care unit (ICU).
Side effects of Dextomid Injection
Dry mouth, Decreased blood pressure, Slow heart rate.
How to use Dextomid Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Dextomid Injection works
Dextomid 100mcg injection works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that relieves pain and induces sleep.
In Depth Information on Dextomid Injection
Expert advice for Dextomid Injection
- You may be monitored for change in heart rate and blood pressure during treatment with dexmedetomidine.
- Dexmedetomidine should not be infused for periods >24 hours. It is not necessary to discontinue the drug prior to extubation (removal of tube placed in windpipe) provided that duration of infusion is ?24 hours.
- Continuous cardiac and respiratory monitoring is recommended in patients receiving dexmedetomidine infusion.
- Use with caution if you have abnormally slow heart rate, low blood pressure, low blood volume (e.g. after bleeding), certain heart disorders, neurological disorder (e.g. head or spinal cord injury or stroke), severe liver problems or have ever developed a serious fever after some medicines, especially anaesthetics.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Do not breastfeed while on Dexmedetomidine.
Special precautions for Dextomid 100mcg Injection
Dextomid 100mcg Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dextomid 100mcg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dextomid 100mcg Injection is probably safe to use during lac+more
tation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
Not relevant, as Dextomid 100mcg Injection is intended for use in hospitalised patients.
Dextomid 100mcg Injection is safe to use in patients with ki+more
dney disease. No dose adjustment of Dextomid 100mcg Injection is recommended....
Dextomid 100mcg Injection should be used with caution in pat+more
ients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Dextomid 100mcg Injection may be needed. Please consult your doctor....
Frequently asked questions for Dextomid 100mcg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Dexmedetomidine
Dextomid. Dextomid HCL is used to provide sedation (a state of calm, drowsiness or sleep) for adult patients in intensive care settings (i.e. in initially intubated and mechanically ventilated patients or non-intubated patients prior to and/or during surgical and other procedures)
It is a sedative that belongs toclassof drugs called centrally active selective 2A agonists.It is not a controlled drug/substance
Yes, Dextomid approved by FDA
Dextomid is given as an infusion (drip) into veins. It may cause pain at injection site and low heart rate (bradycardia). It does not cause amnesia
Dextomid activates the central 2A receptors which causes sedation and analgesia.
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Dextomid 100mcg Injection: MAK, SHP, USF, JIV, DDR, PSP, ADT, SBA, HIP, DYG, OLT, SAT, AAY, NVL, DFP, EQN, OHM, LHA, GPT, PEN, MOM, ATP, BSN, GTC, WSI, MMS, RKS, ATL, DLP, MAX, HGI, SJP, DEL, NWP, RUS, STA, PTS, NDP, IPL, BIO, SSA, HEX, SHM, ZVP, JMJ, PLT, AYU, PNT, EMB, RPP, OWP, LCC, 9T9, SBL, AGT, BTM, RSS, DPP, KHH, FGH, ENP, BDN, GTK, SWA, BLP, GNC, MPC, RJH, OIP, HBV
Substitutes for Dextomid Injection
Xamdex 100mcg Injection
₹261.9/ml of Injection
Alphadex 100mcg Injection
Fusion Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹300.0/ml of Injection
Dexmedine 100mcg Injection
Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹380.0/ml of Injection
Dexem 100mcg Injection
Themis Medicare Ltd
₹345.0/ml of Injection
Dexem 100mcg Injection
Themis Medicare Ltd
₹350.0/ml of Injection