Medicine Overview of Dexem Injection
Uses of Dexem Injection
Dexem 100mcg Injection is used as sedation in intensive care unit (ICU).
Side effects of Dexem Injection
Dry mouth, Decreased blood pressure, Slow heart rate.
How to use Dexem Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Dexem Injection works
Dexem 100mcg injection works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that relieves pain and induces sleep.
In Depth Information on Dexem Injection
Expert advice for Dexem Injection
- You may be monitored for change in heart rate and blood pressure during treatment with dexmedetomidine.
- Dexmedetomidine should not be infused for periods >24 hours. It is not necessary to discontinue the drug prior to extubation (removal of tube placed in windpipe) provided that duration of infusion is ?24 hours.
- Continuous cardiac and respiratory monitoring is recommended in patients receiving dexmedetomidine infusion.
- Use with caution if you have abnormally slow heart rate, low blood pressure, low blood volume (e.g. after bleeding), certain heart disorders, neurological disorder (e.g. head or spinal cord injury or stroke), severe liver problems or have ever developed a serious fever after some medicines, especially anaesthetics.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant. Do not breastfeed while on Dexmedetomidine.
Special precautions for Dexem 100mcg Injection
Dexem 100mcg Injection may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dexem 100mcg Injection may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dexem 100mcg Injection should be used with caution during la+more
ctation. Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
It is not known whether Dexem 100mcg Injection alters the ab+more
ility to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Dexem 100mcg Injection is safe to use in patients with kidne+more
y disease. No dose adjustment of Dexem 100mcg Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Dexem 100mcg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Dexmedetomidine
Dexem. Dexem HCL is used to provide sedation (a state of calm, drowsiness or sleep) for adult patients in intensive care settings (i.e. in initially intubated and mechanically ventilated patients or non-intubated patients prior to and/or during surgical and other procedures)
It is a sedative that belongs toclassof drugs called centrally active selective 2A agonists.It is not a controlled drug/substance
Yes, Dexem approved by FDA
Dexem is given as an infusion (drip) into veins. It may cause pain at injection site and low heart rate (bradycardia). It does not cause amnesia
Dexem activates the central 2A receptors which causes sedation and analgesia.
Substitutes for Dexem Injection
Xamdex 100mcg Injection
Abbott India Ltd
₹261.9/ml of Injection
Alphadex 100mcg Injection
Fusion Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹300.0/ml of Injection
Dextomid 100mcg Injection
Neon Laboratories Ltd
₹358.0/ml of Injection
Dexmedine 100mcg Injection
Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹380.0/ml of Injection