Medicine Overview of Dactive Tablet SR
Uses of Dactive Tablet SR
Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR is used in the treatment of insomnia.
Side effects of Dactive Tablet SR
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache.
How to use Dactive Tablet SR
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR at a fixed time.
How Dactive Tablet SR works
Dactive 6.5mg tablet sr belongs to a group of medicines called sedative-hypnotics. It works by slowing activity of the nerve cells in the brain and helps fall asleep.
In Depth Information on Dactive Tablet SR
Expert advice for Dactive Tablet SR
- Take the medicine 30-45 min before going to bed.
- Do not start or continue zolpidem and consult your doctor if you are allergic to zolpidem, or to any of the other ingredients in zolpidem tablets.
- Zolpidem can be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. It should be used for only a short time.
- Do not take this medication more than 2 weeks without your doctor's advice.
- Zolpidem may impair your thinking or reactions. You may still feel sleepy the morning after taking this medicine, especially if you take the extended-release tablet, or if you are a woman.
- Do not drive or work with machines while taking this medicine.
- Do not take this medicine if you have consumed alcohol during the day or just before bed.
- Zolpidem may cause a severe allergic reaction. Stop taking this medicine and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Special precautions for Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR
Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR is safe to use during lactation. Hu+more
man studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby....
Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR may make you feel dizzy, sleepy, tir+more
ed, or decrease alertness. If this happens, do not drive....
Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR is safe to use in patients with kidney disease. No dose adjustment of Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR is recommended.+more
However, inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease....
However, inform your doctor if you have any kidney disease.
Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR may be needed. Please consult your doctor.+more
Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR is generally started at a low dose in patients with mild to moderate liver disease and is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease....
Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR is generally started at a low dose in patients with mild to moderate liver disease and is not recommended in patients with severe liver disease.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Onitraz 100mg Capsule, Flugee 150mg Tablet, Canditz 100mg Capsule, Fixtral 100mg Capsule
If you miss a dose of Zolpidem, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for Dactive 6.5mg Tablet SR
Frequently asked questions for Zolpidem
Dactive produces a calming effect on the brain and induces sleep. This calming effect may be perceived as pleasant or feeling high by some individuals. On prolonged use, Dactive may also make an individual dependent such that they are not be able to sleep or function normally without taking it
No, Dactive does not have paracetamol (acetaminophen) or aspirin in it
Like all medicines, Dactive has an expiry date, which is printed on the tablet strip or bottle. Dactive should not be taken beyond this date.
Q. Can I take Dactive with prednisone?
No drug-drug interactions have been found Dactive taken with prednisone. However always consult with your doctor before taking these medicines together.
Dactive is used to treat insomnia, which may help ease anxiety in some patients, although doctors do not prescribe Dactive for anxiety alone because it does not work in the same manner as other sedatives anti-anxiety drugs
Substitutes for Dactive
No substitutes found for this medicine