Medicine Overview of DACTIVE TABLET
Uses of DACTIVE TABLET
Dactive 12.5mg tablet is used for insomnia.
Side effects of DACTIVE TABLET
Sleepiness, Dizziness, Uncoordinated body movements, Memory impairment, Nervousness, Headache.
How to use DACTIVE TABLET
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take Dactive 12.5mg tablet at a fixed time.
How DACTIVE TABLET works
Dactive 12.5mg tablet induces sleep by suppressing the excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
In Depth Information on DACTIVE TABLET
Expert advice for DACTIVE TABLET
- Take the medicine 30-45 min before going to bed.
- Do not start or continue zolpidem and consult your doctor if you are allergic to zolpidem, or to any of the other ingredients in zolpidem tablets.
- Zolpidem can be habit-forming and should be used only by the person it was prescribed for Keep the medication in a secure place where others cannot get to it. It should be used for only a short time.
- Do not take this medication more than 2 weeks without your doctor's advice.
- Zolpidem may impair your thinking or reactions. You may still feel sleepy the morning after taking this medicine, especially if you take the extended-release tablet, or if you are a woman.
- Do not drive or work with machines while taking this medicine.
- Do not take this medicine if you have consumed alcohol during the day or just before bed.
- Zolpidem may cause a severe allergic reaction. Stop taking this medicine and get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Special precautions for DACTIVE 12.5MG TABLET
Dactive 12.5mg tablet may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness with alcohol.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Dactive 12.5mg tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Unknown. Human and animal studies are not available. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
There is no interaction between renal impairment and consumi+more
ng this drug. So dose alteration is not needed....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
MONTOMYCIN 450MG CAPSULE, TICIN 150MG TABLET, ONABET POWDER, FLUGEE 150MG TABLET
If you miss a dose of Zolpidem, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for DACTIVE 12.5MG TABLET
Frequently asked questions for Zolpidem
Q. Can I take zolpidem with hydrocodone/ Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ Nyquil (paracetamol, dextromethorphan, doxylamine )/ lorazepam/ ibuprofen/ citalopram?
Zolpidem may cause excessive drowsiness, sleepiness, breathing difficulty and difficulty performing rutine as well as skilful activities if taken with either of hydrocodone/ Benadryl (diphenhydramine)/ Xanax (alprazolam)/ Nyquil (paracetamol, dextromethorphan, doxylamine )/ lorazepam/ citalopram. Do not take zolpidem with these drugs. Zolpidem has no known interactions with ibuprofen. Always consult your doctor before consuming any drug concomitantly with zolpidem
Q. Does zolpidem make you high?
Zolpidem produces a calming effect on the brain and induces sleep. This calming effect may be perceived as pleasant or feeling high by some individuals. On prolonged use, zolpidem may also make an individual dependent such that they are not be able to sleep or function normally without taking it
Q. Does zolpidem have acetaminophen or asprin in it?
No, zolpidem does not have acetaminophen or asprin in it
Q. Does zolpidem expire?
Like all medicines, zolpidem has an expiry date, which is printed on the tablet strip or bottle. Zolpidem should not be taken beyond this date.
Q. Is zolpidem/ Ambien a benzodiazepine or a controlled drug or an opiate?
No. Zolpidem is sedative-hypnotic, used to treat sleep problems. Ambien is a brand containing zolpidem as active ingredient
Q. Can I take zolpidem with prednisone?
No results found for any interaction of zolpidem with prednisone, but always consult with your doctor before taking this medication
Q. Does zolpidem raise blood pressure/ cause headaches/ weight loss?
Headache is a common side-effect of zolpidem. Zolpidem has not been reported to have any effect on blood pressure or weight
Q. Does zolpidem help with anxiety?
Zolpidem is used to treat insomnia, which may help ease anxiety in some patients, although doctors do not prescribe zolpidem for anxiety alone because it does not work in the same manner as other sedatives anti-anxiety drugs