Medicine Overview of D Void Tablet
Uses of D Void Tablet
D Void Tablet is used in the treatment of Central diabetes insipidus and Bed-wetting.
Side effects of D Void Tablet
Headache, Stomach pain, Nausea.
How to use D Void Tablet
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. It can be taken with or without food, but it is better to take D Void Tablet at a fixed time.
How D Void Tablet works
D void tablet have the same structure as that of the natural hormone vasopressin. Vasopressin lowers the amount of urine and bleeding by constricting (narrowing) the blood vessels which, in turn, prevents the loss of water from the body.
In Depth Information on D Void Tablet
Expert advice for D Void Tablet
- Consult your doctor if you are suffering from any of the following conditions: kidney disease, heart diseases such as coronary artery disease, congestive heart failure, high/low blood pressure, abnormal levels of sodium/potassium in blood (electrolyte imbalance), cystic fibrosis or any psychological condition causing unusual thirst; asthma, epilepsy (fits) or migraine headache.
- Restricting the intake of water or other fluids is very important while taking desmopressin. Drinking excess water during desmopressin therapy may cause life-threatening electrolyte imbalance, and may also cause fits. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully about fluid intake.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or are planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
- Restrict consumption of alcohol as it may worsen the side effects.
- Low doses of desmopressin should be taken without food for better effect.
Special precautions for D Void Tablet
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
D Void Tablet is probably safe to use during pregnancy.+more
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor....
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
D Void Tablet should be used with caution during lactation.+more
Breast feeding should be held until the treatment of the mother is completed and the drug is eliminated from her body....
D Void Tablet does not usually affect your ability to drive.
D Void Tablet is probably unsafe to use in patients with kidney disease and should be avoided. Please consult your doctor.+more
contraindicated in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment...
contraindicated in patients with moderate to severe renal impairment
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
If you miss a dose of Desmopressin, skip it and continue with your normal schedule. Do not double the dose.
Frequently asked questions for D Void NA Tablet
Frequently asked questions for Desmopressin
D void may cause weight gain or increase in blood pressure as its side effects. It is not known to cause constipation. Consult your doctor if you observe any such symptoms after taking this medicine
Q. Is desmopressin the same as vasopressin?
Desmopressin is a man-made form of hormone similar to vasopressin. Vasopressin is a natural hormone present in body which regulates the amount of water that body uses
D void is not a steroid
D void. D void acetate is safe and effective if taken as per the dose and duration prescribed by a doctor. Please follow your doctor's instructions carefully about usage of this drug
Yes. D void is a psychotropic medication
Q. Is it a diuretic?
It is not a diuretic.
Substitutes for D Void
No substitutes found for this medicine