Medicine Overview of Cytoblastin Injection
Side effects of Cytoblastin Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Decreased appetite, Decreased white blood cell count, Diarrhoea.
How to use Cytoblastin Injection
Your doctor or nurse will give you this medicine. Kindly do not self administer.
How Cytoblastin Injection works
Cytoblastin 10mg injection blocks replication of genetic material (DNA) in the cancer cells. Thus it stops the growth and multiplication of cancer cells.
In Depth Information on Cytoblastin Injection
Expert advice for Cytoblastin Injection
- In males vinblastine may cause aspermia (lack of semen causing infertility); in females vinblastine may cause amenorrhea (absence of menstruation), which may recover after some duration.
- Take precautions while taking vinblastine as it may cause inflammation of mouth and lips (stomatitis) and neurological toxicity.
- Avoid even accidental contamination of eyes with vinblastine, as it may cause severe irritation.
- Vinblastine may cause acute kidney disease (nephropathy) related to uric acid level.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Special precautions for Cytoblastin 10mg Injection
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cytoblastin 10mg Injection is unsafe to use during pregnancy.+more
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor....
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Cytoblastin 10mg Injection is probably safe to use during la+more
ctation. Limited human data suggests that the drug does not represent a significant risk to the baby....
It is not known whether Cytoblastin 10mg Injection alters th+more
e ability to drive. Do not drive if you experience any symptoms that affect your ability to concentrate and react....
Cytoblastin 10mg Injection is safe to use in patients with k+more
idney disease. No dose adjustment of Cytoblastin 10mg Injection is recommended....
There is no data available. Please consult doctor before consuming the drug.
Frequently asked questions for Cytoblastin 10mg Injection
Frequently asked questions for Vinblastine
Cytoblastin is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause damage to the blood vessels if it is not administered properly
Cytoblastin is not toxic, however if given by other route or came in contact with eyes, can cause the harmful effects
Cytoblastin is administered by intravenous route only
Cytoblastin may cause hair loss/infertility
Cytoblastin is a plant alkaloid comes from the source called Vinca rosea Linn
Cytoblastin prevents mitosis by inhibition of microtubule formation.