food interaction for UNIBLASTIN
alcohol interaction for UNIBLASTIN
pregnancy interaction for UNIBLASTIN
lactation interaction for UNIBLASTIN
Avoid Uniblastin 10mg injection with grapefruit juice.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR UNIBLASTIN
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR UNIBLASTIN
- CYTOBLASTIN 10MG INJECTION(10 ML injection in vial)Cipla LtdRs. 27.69/ML of injectionRs. 276.93pay 16% more per ML of injection
Expert advice FOR UNIBLASTIN
- In males vinblastine may cause aspermia (lack of semen causing infertility); in females vinblastine may cause amenorrhea (absence of menstruation), which may recover after some duration.
- Take precautions while taking vinblastine as it may cause inflammation of mouth and lips (stomatitis) and neurological toxicity.
- Avoid even accidental contamination of eyes with vinblastine, as it may cause severe irritation.
- Vinblastine may cause acute kidney disease (nephropathy) related to uric acid level.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions FOR UNIBLASTIN
Q. Is vinblastine a vesicant?
Vinblastine is a vesicant (irritant) and can cause damage to the blood vessels if it is not administered properly
Q. Is vinblastine toxic?
Vinblastine is not toxic, however if given by other route or came in contact with eyes, can cause the harmful effects
Q. How is vinblastine administered?
Vinblastine is administered by intravenous route only
Q. Does vinblastine cause hair loss/infertility?
Vinblastine may cause hair loss/infertility
Q. Where does vinblastine come from/ what plant does vinblastine come from?
Vinblastine is a plant alkaloid comes from the source called Vinca rosea Linn
Q. How does vinblastine prevent mitosis?
Vinblastine prevents mitosis by inhibition of microtubule formation.