food interaction for CONCOR
alcohol interaction for CONCOR
pregnancy interaction for CONCOR
lactation interaction for CONCOR
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for CONCOR
How it works
Common side effects
Common Dosage for CONCOR 10 MG TABLET
Patients taking CONCOR 10 MG TABLET
- 86%Once A Day
- 10%Twice A Day
- 4%Twice A Week
SUBSTITUTES for CONCOR
- BISELECT 10 MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5.28/tabletRs. 52.75save 53% more per tablet
- BISVEDA 10MG TABLET(10 tablets in strip)Vidakem Lifesciences Pvt LtdRs. 7.50/tabletRs. 75save 33% more per tablet
- Dr. Hemant GandhiMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. (Col.) Balbir KalraMBBS, MD, DM
- Dr. Sanjeev ChoudharyMBBS, MD, DM, DNB, Fellowship
- Dr. R. R. KasliwalMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
- Dr. Monik MehtaMBBS, MD, DM, Fellowship
Expert advice for CONCOR
- Bisoprolol may cause dizziness and lightheadedness. To avoid this, get up slowly after sitting or lying down.
- The Bisoprolol may affect your blood sugar and cover up the symptoms of low blood sugar if you have diabetes.
- Bisoprolol may reduce blood flow to your hands and feet, causing them to feel cold. Smoking may worsen this effect. Dress warmly and avoid the use of tobacco.
- Consult your doctor whether to continue Bisoprolol before any scheduled surgery.
- It is not the first-choice treatment for high blood pressure according to the latest guidelines, except if you have a heart failure or heart disease.
- Adults over the age of 65 may be at greater risk for the side-effects.
- Your doctor may recommend a change in the lifestyle to lower your blood pressure. It may include:
- Maintain a normal body weight (body mass index, 18.5-24.9 kg/m2).
- Consume fruits, vegetables, low-fat dairy products, and reduce saturated-total fat.
- Reduce daily dietary sodium intake as much as possible, ideally to 65 mmol/day (1.5 g/day sodium or 3.8 g/day sodium chloride).
- Regular aerobic physical activity (at least 30 minutes/day, most days of the week).
- Limit alcohol consumption to less than or equal to 2 drinks per day (1oz or 30ml ethanol eg 24oz beer, 10 oz wine, or 3 oz 80-proof whiskey).
Frequently asked questions for CONCOR
Q.Is bisoprolol a blood thinner/ statin/ cardio selective/ diuretic/ beta blocker/ steroid/ addictive?
Bisoprolol (also available as Concor) is a cardio selective beta-blocker. It is not a diuretic, statin, blood thinner or a steroid. It is not an addictive drug
Q.Is bisoprolol fumarate the same as bisoprolol?
Bisoprolol fumarate is same as bisoprolol
Q.Can I take bisoprolol for anxiety?
Bisoprolol is used to treat high blood pressure. But, it is not recommended to treat anxiety. Always consult your doctor regarding its use
Q.Can I take Cialis with Concor?
Tadalafil (Cialis) should not be taken with bisoprolol (Concor) as there may be an increased chance of low blood pressure
Q.Does bisoprolol slow heart rate/ cause tiredness/ muscle pain/ fluid retention/ depression/ dizziness/ diarrhea/ headaches/ weight gain/ breathless?
Bisoprolol are known to cause the above mentioned side effects. Always consult your doctor if you experience such side effects
Q.Can I take bisoprolol with Ramipril/ amitriptyline/ Lisinopril/ paracetamol/ paracetamol/ Viagra/ diazepam/ aspirin/ codeine/ Imodium?
Bisoprolol may interact with drugs mentioned above. Always consult your physician for the change of dose regimen or an alternative drug of choice that may strictly be required.