food interaction for COLOREX
alcohol interaction for COLOREX
pregnancy interaction for COLOREX
lactation interaction for COLOREX
Animal studies have shown low or no adverse effect on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION for COLOREX
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES for COLOREX
- BALACOL 750 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.70/capsuleRs. 137pay 26% more per capsule
- INTAZIDE 750 MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Intas Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 13.65/capsuleRs. 136.50pay 25% more per capsule
- BALSACOL 750MG CAPSULE(10 capsules in strip)Gufic Bioscience LtdRs. 9.76/capsuleRs. 97.62save 10% more per capsule
- Dr. Prabhat Kumar JhaMBBS, MD
- Dr. Ashutosh ShuklaMBBS, MD, Diploma, Fellowship
- Dr. Sushila KatariaMBBS, MD, Diploma
- Dr. Joy ChakrabortyMBBS, MD
- Dr. R. S. RawatMBBS, MD
Expert advice for COLOREX
- Balsalazide is for short-term use only. Do not take this medication for > 8 weeks in children (5-17 years) and > 12 weeks in adults unless advised.
- Tell your doctor if you have or had liver or kidney disease or pyloric stenosis (a condition in which the stomach empties slowly).
- Balsalazide may sometimes worsen the colitis symptoms causing fever, stomach pain, cramps, or bloody diarrhea. Seek immediate medical advice if you experience any such symptoms.
- Do not use balsalazide capsules in children < 5 years of age.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, plan to become pregnant, or are breast-feeding. If you become pregnant while taking balsalazide, call your doctor immediately.
Frequently asked questions for COLOREX
Q.Does balsalazide cause weight gain?
Yes, balsalazide may cause weight gain
Q.Does balsalazide contain sulfa?
No, Balsalazide does not contain sulfa
Q.Does balsalazide contain mesalamine?
No it does not contain mesalamine but it is a prodrug that is enzymatically cleaved in the colon to produce mesalamine
Q.Is balsalazide a sulfa drug/ an immunosuppressant/a steroid/NSAID/a mesalamine?
Balsalazide is an anti-inflammatory drug and releases mesalamine in the large intestine
Q.Does Balsalazide work?
Balsalazide works inside the intestines (bowel) to reduce the inflammation and other symptoms of the disease called ulcerative colitis
Q.Is balsalazide better than asacol?
In patients with acute ulcerative colitis, balsalazide led to greater remission rates and tolerance than asacol (mesalamine). Balsalazide is more effective and better tolerated than mesalamine as a treatment for acute ulcerative colitis.