SALT INFORMATIONClomifene(100 mg)
Clomifene is used to treat infertility in women caused by failure or improper release of eggs from ovary (ovulation).It is also used to treat infertility in males due to decreased production of sperms (oligozoospermia).
How it works
Clomifene belongs to a class of medicines known as antiestrogens. It acts by changing the hormonal balance in the body. This stimulates release of eggs from the ovary, and helps in fertilization in females. In males, it causes improved production of sperms.
Common side effects
breast discomfort, flushing, vision disturbances, Nausea, endometriosis, pancreatitis, cataract and changes in liver function test values., multiple cysts in ovaries, vomiting, bloating, intra-menstrual bleeding, abnormally heavy bleeding at menstruation, skin allergies, abdominal distention, headache
- Do not take clomifene tablet, if you are allergic to clomifene or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take clomifene, if you have liver disease; ovarian cyst; any type of cancer; ovarian cyst; unusual or unexplained menstrual bleeding.
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine, if you are having an early menopause or if you told you are infertile; or menses have ceased due to pregnancy, underweight, or other reasons.
- Do not take clomifene, if you have had fits or seizures in the past; polycystic ovaries or swelling in the ovaries; or hypertriglyceridemia (increased level of fats in the blood).
- Avoid using clomifene, if you are pregnant or breast-feeding a baby.
- Do not take these tablets for more than five days at a time.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery, if you experience visual disturbances after taking this medicine.
- This medicine should not be taken by children, adolescents, or by women who have gone through menopause.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How long can I take clomifene for?
Clomifene should only be taken for the duration prescribed by your doctor. The drug should not be taken for more than five days at a time.
Q. Can I take clomifene without a doctor’s prescription?
No. Clomifene is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold without a doctor’s prescription.
Q. Can I take Clomid without having a period?
Clomid (Clomifene) should be taken in the absence of periods only after consulting your doctor.
Q. Is Clomid safe?
Clomid is relatively safe, if used as recommended. In case of any side-effects, consult your doctor.
Q. Can I take clomifene if I have an ovarian cyst?
No. Clomifene should not be taken, if there is a cyst in the ovary. Please consult your doctor before use.
Q. Can I take Clomid with testosterone or metformin?
Clomifene can be taken with testosterone or metformin, only if prescribed by your doctor.