Information about Ethinyl Estradiol
Ethinyl Estradiol Uses
How Ethinyl Estradiol works
Ethinyl Estradiol is a synthetic estrogen (female hormone). In women of reproductive age, it helps in maintaining normal menstrual cycle (periods). In women undergoing menopause, it works by fulfilling the deficiency of estrogen hormone, thereby preventing symptoms such as hot flushes, night sweats and mood swings.
Common side effects of Ethinyl Estradiol
Headache, Nausea, Breast tenderness, Uterine bleeding
Available Medicine for Ethinyl Estradiol
Ethinorm EBennet Pharmaceuticals Limited
EstogenMac Millon Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹12 to ₹542 variant(s)
Cyclenorm EEmpiai Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
Secam EMcW Healthcare
LynoralOrganon (India) Ltd
₹22 to ₹383 variant(s)
Ncnorm EUnicure India Pvt Ltd
EvomidMidas Healthcare Ltd
₹12 to ₹312 variant(s)
E GenTOSC International Pvt Ltd
VeronicaAkumentis Healthcare Ltd
Cyclenorm-ENutricorp Healthcare India Pvt Ltd
Expert advice for Ethinyl Estradiol
- Ethinyl Estradiol is used as a part of hormone replacement therapy in older women who are going through menopause or in younger women whose ovaries have not developed properly.
- It may also be used to treat prostate cancer in men and to prevent osteoporosis in postmenopausal women.
- Take it at the same time everyday to help you remember to take it.
- You may experience menstrual irregularities such as spotting or bleeding between menstrual periods or missed periods. Consult your doctor if this persists.
- Ensure that you undergo regular breast screening (for presence of lumps or any abnormal changes) and cervical smear test while taking this medicine.
- Stop taking this medicine and inform your doctor immediately if you notice unexplained swelling and pain in your limbs, shortness of breath, chest pain, severe headache, or changes in vision. These could be symptoms of a blood clot in a vein.