Information about Clomiphene
Clomiphene is used in the treatment of female infertility. It works well for women who cannot get pregnant due to the problem with ovulation (release of an egg).
How Clomiphene works
Clomiphene is a selective estrogen receptor modulator (SERM) which treats female infertility. It works by promoting the release of reproductive hormones. This helps stimulate the release of eggs from the ovary (ovulation).
Common side effects of Clomiphene
Nausea, Vomiting, Bloating, Headache, Enlarged Ovary, Hot flashes, Metrorrhagia (menstrual bleeding at irregular intervals), Breast discomfort
Available Medicine for Clomiphene
ClofertManeesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹66 to ₹2393 variant(s)
SipheneSerum Institute Of India Ltd
₹46 to ₹1563 variant(s)
₹65 to ₹923 variant(s)
Clofert MaxManeesh Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹54 to ₹1323 variant(s)
ByproDabur India Ltd
FertylAr-Ex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
₹66 to ₹832 variant(s)
Fertyl-MAr-Ex Laboratories Pvt Ltd
FertovaTriton Healthcare Pvt Ltd
₹29 to ₹522 variant(s)
Ferpill KitIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Clomiphene
- Clomiphene promotes the release of reproductive hormones so it is used in women who cannot get pregnant because they are not ovulating or have a condition called polycystic ovary syndrome.
- The medicine will cause ovulation after 5-10 days. It is advisable to have regular intercourse during this period.
- It is not safe for long-term use. Hence, it is advisable not to use it for more than 3 menstrual cycles.
- It may cause blurring of vision. Be cautious while driving or doing anything requiring mental focus.
- Inform your doctor if you experience abdominal pain and distention, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, and weight gain while taking this medicine.