food interaction for CITAFINE
alcohol interaction for CITAFINE
pregnancy interaction for CITAFINE
lactation interaction for CITAFINE
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
SALT INFORMATION FOR CITAFINE
How it works
Common side effects
SUBSTITUTES FOR CITAFINE
- GEMITRATE 1400MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Torrent Pharmaceuticals LtdRs. 5625/injectionRs. 5625save 21% more per injection
- GEMCHEM 1400 MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Neon Laboratories LtdRs. 1066.25/injectionRs. 1066.25save 85% more per injection
- CELZAR 1400MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Celon Laboratories LtdRs. 2780.77/injectionRs. 2780.77save 61% more per injection
- CITABOL 1400MG INJECTION(1 injection in vial)Venus Remedies LtdRs. 9100/injectionRs. 9100pay 27% more per injection
Expert advice FOR CITAFINE
- Not recommended in children or adolescents below 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you have history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression).
- Inform your doctor if you have breathing problems or feel weak and pale as this could be a sign of kidney dysfunction; unexplained new or worsening dyspnea or evidence of severe pulmonary toxicity.
- Take precautions if you are on a controlled sodium diet, as this medicine contains some amount of sodium.
- You should undergo blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with persons who receive them.
- Alcohol is an ingredient of this infusion. If you are suffering from alcoholism or epilepsy, you may have serious side effects. Other medication taken at this time may have altered effects.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies.
- They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months after it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or use machinery after taking this drug as it may cause sleepiness which may worsen with alcohol use.
Frequently asked questions FOR CITAFINE
Q. Is gemcitabine a vesicant/ anthracycline/ prodrug?
Gemcitabine is not a vesicant/ anthracycline/ prodrug
Q. Does gemcitabine cause hair loss or abdominal pain?
Yes, gemcitabine has hair loss and abdominal pain as side effects. Please consult your doctor immediately if you experience such side effects
Q. Is gemcitabine a cytotoxic or chemotherapy agent?
Yes, gemcitabine is a cytotoxic chemotherapy agent
Q. Does gemcitabine work in pancreatic cancer?
Yes, gemcitabine is used to treat pancreatic cancer.