Medicine Overview of Cinkona Tablet
Cinkona 100mg Tablet is used in the treatment of malaria
and Cerebral malaria.
Nausea, Abdominal pain, Blurred vision, Changes in color vision, Dizziness, Face redness, Headache, Altered heart rate, Increased sweating, Ringing in ear, Vertigo, Vomiting.
Take this medicine in the dose and duration as advised by your doctor. Swallow it as a whole. Do not chew, crush or break it. Cinkona 100mg Tablet is to be taken with food.
Cinkona 100mg Tablet is a weak base that reaches high concentration within the malarial parasite and causes accumulation of toxic heme pigment, which kills it.
In Depth Information on Cinkona Tablet
- Take this medication with meals to minimize chances of stomach upset.
- Tell your doctor if you have any heart problems related to irregular rhythm of heartbeats or any liver or kidney disorder.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you experience unexplained bleeding or bruising as quinine may decrease platelet count in blood (thrombocytopenia).
- You should regularly check the blood glucose levels during the treatment with quinine.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to quinine or any of its ingredients or mefloquine or quinidine.
- Avoid if Patients have prolonged QT interval (disordered electrical activity of heart leading to heart disorders).
- Avoid if Patients is suffering from glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase deficiency (a hereditary disorder affecting red blood cells).
- Do not take if suffering from myasthenia gravis (a rare disorder characterized by severe muscle weakness).
- Avoid if Patients has optic neuritis (inflammation of the eye nerve causing visual disorders).
- Do not take if Patients have history of blackwater fever (a complication of malaria), thrombotic thrombocytopenic purpura (a rare blood disorder) or thrombocytopenia (abnormally low number of platelets in blood).
- Avoid if Patients is suffering from tinnitus (ringing in ears) or hematuria (blood in the urine).
Cinkona Tablet related warnings
Interaction with alcohol is unknown. Please consult your doctor.
WEIGH RISKS VS BENEFITS
Cinkona 100mg Tablet may be unsafe to use during pregnancy.
Animal studies have shown adverse effects on the foetus, however, there are limited human studies. The benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk. Please consult your doctor.
Cinkona 100mg Tablet is safe to use during lactation.
Human studies have shown that either the drug does not pass into the breastmilk in significant amount or is not expected to cause toxicity to the baby.
Do not drive unless you are feeling well.
Cinkona 100mg Tablet may affect your vision and cause vertigo (dizziness or spinning sensation) which may affect your ability to drive.
Cinkona 100mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with kidney disease. Dose adjustment of Cinkona 100mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Cinkona 100mg Tablet should be used with caution in patients with liver disease. Dose adjustment of Cinkona 100mg Tablet may be needed. Please consult your doctor.
Frequently asked questions about Cinkona Tablet
Yes. Cinkona is used in certain cases to prevent and treat night leg cramps which regularly disrupt sleep
No. Cinkona is not indicated for use in neurological conditions like restless leg syndrome. It is used in certain cases to prevent and treat night leg cramps
Q. Is quinine an alkaloid/ a stimulant/ a diuretic?
Quinine is an alkaloid obtained from bark of the cinchona tree. It is not a stimulant (i.e. does not stimulate the brain or any mental functions) or a diuretic (does not increase urine output)
Q. Can you take quinine with warfarin?
Taking warfarin with quinine may increase risk of unexplained bleeding or bruising as quinine may decrease platelet count in blood (thrombocytopenia). Please inform your doctor about all medications you are taking currently before starting quinine treatment
No. Cinkona does not prevent malaria. It is used for the treatment of malaria (caused by parasite Plasmodium falciparum) which is resistant to multiple drugs including chloroquine.
Severely interacts with other drugs like
Taking Cinkona with any of the following medicines can modify the effect of either of them and cause some undesirable side effects
Medicines with composition Nizatidine: Axid
Medicines with composition Lafutidine: Lafter, Lafudac, Lafty, Lafukem, Lafaxid, Laciloc, Lafumac, Swiftin, Laftid, Histolaf, Lafjoy, Lafadin, Futaden
Medicines with composition Famotidine: Femo, Fadine, Autidine, Fudone, Famtac, Fam H2, Famocer, Topcid, Faltidin, Polyfam, Famodin, Temcid, Famit, Famonext, Famowal, Tobur, Famonit, Noacid, Famotin, Facid, Acicon, Pepgard, Fampep, Pepdin, FM (UNICURE), Famorila, Advantac, Famolet, Famocid, Acilo, Famodil, Famonite, Zactane, Fam, Zorbin, Femidin, Acipep
Medicines with composition Ranitidine: Rantidine, Aciloc, Ranitas, Histac, Rancet, Peptiran, Gertac, Afdiloc, Consec, Monorin, R-Loc, Rdin, Retiva, Kaytec, Ulcitab, Peploc, Hytide RD, Rdinxt, Ranipep, Rintin, Taurdin, Bintac, Zytak, Helkoss, Aztec, Zoran, Rafilon, Ranial, Ranx L, Rancor, Retin, Intac, Ozotac, Zynol, Stantac, Ulcidin, Monolac, Renitab, Ranacid, Ranibid, Renit, Pepdac, Ulcirid, Antec, Ultac, Rantica, Lantac, Ranilink, Nicotac, Nit, Rantime, Monoloc, Ranitidine, Ranizac, Rancer, Peptac, Nilcer, Ranicom, Ancid, Ranila, Radin, Udidine, H 2 A, Healcer, Rantodac, R Loc Forte, Ranloc, Zinemac 150, Aciloc Only, Rantac OD, Ulfast, Ranicool, Rantop, Rantac, H2Loc, Ranitin, Myntac, Raniphar, Ibiran, Aciba, Advene, Antac, Giran, Relitin, Ranisym, Ranee, Rancafe, Ranisac, Natidine, Raninec, Zinetac
One of the following vendor pharmacies will deliver Cinkona 100mg Tablet: BBN, SVH, OIP, AYN, IAD, RSA, HEX, DYG, AXM, BHM, WSI, SBA, USF, NSL, RDR, SRG, PTI, PMA, JIV, 9MM, SLN, MAP, BLS, PLT, PVP, FGH, GPP, HBV, RHW, HTS, SDM, GBL, AWS, GNC, MDH, TNH, ATP, ADT, SAF, DPP, TSS, LHA, VJS, NTB, BTM, EPS, NVY, JSL, ABP, DVH, PNT, BDN, ESY, EAN, OWP, JVN, CLT, SWT, AAR, SGC, BAP, UMP, QLF, OHM, BHA, DGN, GTK, RSS, RWP, DHP, RHL, PRL, MPC, AYU, MAK, TRP, SGH, HSM, LMS, SBL, PHC, SPD, BLE, TOM, AAY, BBS, NDP, MBP, DHR, BRC, KAL, VRS, BGS, HGI, BIO, VNS, ANP, HSP, ZEL, OLT, KHC, DZY, SHC, SVS, IPL, SJP, SSA, ENP, MAM, TFP, SHD, UHP, LCC, KMC, RUS, MMS, KHH, MDO, ZPR, PHN, BNT, BLP, EQN, JVO, DFP, QTM, MAX, NNH, SYN, ATL, PWN, AGT, AMR, NVL, RPI, WHL, ANT, JHC, AVS, AYM, THP, RJH, UBL, PEN, BHS, SWP, NXG, NAS, PRN, ARD, HZF, DAO, MSD, ZVP, BSN, MKT, DLP, HNP, HIP, GTC, JJE, CHP, NNP, VDH, 4IT, PPR, GHR, PRT, HLT, BMJ, NTL, EMB, KIS, HCP, DPL, RPP, JBT, BAL, SWA, HPC, CRN, GPT, STA, KNH, HAT, SCH, AVL, BHP, HMP, RKS, RDH, SMN, BNA, MLC