Substitutes for Celgem Injection
Medicine Overview of Celgem Injection
Side effects of Celgem Injection
Nausea, Vomiting, Loss of appetite, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Allergic reaction, Breathlessness, Decreased white blood cell count, Increased liver enzymes, Anemia, Influenza like symptoms, Blood in urine, Skin rash, Protein in urine.
How to use Celgem Injection
How Celgem Injection works
In Depth Information on Celgem Injection
Expert advice for Celgem Injection
- Not recommended in children or adolescents below 18 years of age.
- Inform your doctor if you have history of heart problems, vascular problems or low production of blood cells from the bone marrow (myelosupression).
- Inform your doctor if you have breathing problems or feel weak and pale as this could be a sign of kidney dysfunction; unexplained new or worsening dyspnea or evidence of severe pulmonary toxicity.
- Take precautions if you are on a controlled sodium diet, as this medicine contains some amount of sodium.
- You should undergo blood count, heart/kidney/liver function tests before therapy.
- Do not take live or attenuated vaccines during therapy and avoid contact with persons who receive them.
- Alcohol is an ingredient of this infusion. If you are suffering from alcoholism or epilepsy, you may have serious side effects. Other medication taken at this time may have altered effects.
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should be counselled about the toxic effect of this drug on babies.
- They should use two effective methods of contraception while on this therapy and 6 months after it.
- Men who are going to use this therapy should not father a child while on this therapy and 6 months after it. They should also seek guidance and counselling on sperm conservation before taking this therapy.
- Do not drive or use machinery after taking this drug as it may cause sleepiness which may worsen with alcohol use.
There is positive evidence of human fetal risk, but the benefits from use in pregnant women may be acceptable despite the risk, for example in life-threatening situations. Please consult your doctor.
Caution is advised when driving or operating machinery.
Caution to be advised in patients with impaired renal function.